19 // newly wed

We arrived in the hospital she was in and I was greeted by a doctor. "You are Y/N, right?" He asked and I nodded. "Come with me." He said. He took me to the third floor of the hospital and he led me to a room. There was the older version of Camila, on the bed, lifeless. I stood by her side and I stroked her forehead and I smiled. "Hey, Cami." I said and I sighed. "It hurts to see you like this again, but I hope my visit is worth it." I said. "Remember George, your son, our son, he passed 2 weeks ago due to thyroid cancer. He was only 35. I guess I did pass my genes to him, huh? He did pass to Miami, so you're probably with him now. Camila, my daughter, she moved to Cuba with her wife and I've been visiting her once or twice. Peyton and Sofi are doing well. Their kids are doing well too. I want to let you know that you will be okay tomorrow and next week. I hope you understand that I will always love you no matter what." I said. "Ma'am. You have a few more minutes." The nurse said and I smiled. "I love you, Camila." I said and kissed her forehead. "Let's go." I said with tears stuck in my throat. As I left the lift, a young man stopped me. "Hey, Y/N Peters?" He asked. I turned and he gave me a smile. "Hey. I'm Shawn, Shawn Mendes." He said. "Oh, you're Shawn. I've heard a lot about you." I said. "Can I talk to you for a second?" He asked.

We sat in the cafeteria and we just had coffees and we talked. "Did she ever told you how she got into this coma?" He asked. "She got into a coma once while passing, but no, she never told me." I said. "She got hit by a bus in a car accident. She remembered everything, according to your sister and she drove around and tried looking for you while listening to your album, Apricot Princess. She had a sunflower taped on the side of the rear mirror. She wasn't paying attention to the road and then she passed a red light before a highway intersection and suddenly a bus came into her direction and hit the driver side of the car, hitting her. It was fatal, but we were glad we could get her body alive and get it into the system. She was going to pass in LA but her sister said it is better for her to pass in Miami." He said. "How old was she when it happened?" I asked. "25. A week before her birthday." He said and I once again sighed. Then it was silence. "I heard you guys are getting married." I said. "Yeah. It's just to help for her passing, since you know you only can pass if you are married." He said. "Is it possible if I can see her before the marriage?" I asked. "Ma-am." He said. "Come on, only for 5 minutes is fine." I said. "Y/N." He said.

camila's pov

I heard a car pull up and there she was, heading out of the car. "Camila! I have 5 minutes so I will make it quick." She said and we hugged. "I know you're getting married tomorrow, but..." she said and picked up the sunflower that was in one of the bushes. She got down in one knee and my heart started to race. "What if you marry me instead?" She asked and a huge smile was present in my face. "Yes! Oh my god!" I said in excitement. She got up and I pulled her in for a kiss. "I will see you tonight." She said and I smiled. "I love you, Y/N." I said.

your pov

"Okay." I said. I held her hand as the priest said his words. I smiled when he announced us wives. I can pass hapily, now. I said to myself. I saw Shawn left the room right after that and I stopped him. "Shawn... I want to thank you for letting me do that." I said. "It's okay, Y/N. I've always knew you would come back for her. I knew you would because you were the one she always loved, that's why you guys met in Miami while passing again. No matter how hard I try to be with Camila, you still win anyway. You're the one she loves, I'm just a best friend. I will be always supporting you and Camila. I promise." He said and we hugged. "I will see you soon, Shawn." I said. He just smiled and left the area.

We were cuddling on the sand, beside my red jeep wrangler. I turned to my side and I smiled, looking into her brown eyes that were so damn clear in the moonlight. I don't want to let her go. "Y/N, I love you so much." She said and smiled. "I love you too, Camila." I said. "I hope you're here, forever." She said. "But I am." I said. "Well, not really." She said and I raised one of my eyebrows. "What do you mean not really?" I asked. "I want you to be here, with me. Every day, every hour, every moment." She said. "Camila-" I said and sat up. "What is holding you up, Y/N?" She said. "Cami-" I got cut off and I sighed. "What is it? Now we're married so why can't you pass?" She asked. "I want to be with you, but I don't think I'm ready to put my life back there behind. There is too much." I said. "Please?" She asked and I sighed. "I can't leave Peyton, Sofi and especially, my daughter, who I named after you." I said. "What am I to you? I can't handle you being gone for god knows how long! 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks and sometimes even a fucking month. I'm here, by myself because my son is god knows where and I don't even think he recognizes me." She said and she got up. "I can't do this, Y/N. Unless you decide to pass, I'm going to be away as far as I can." She said. She climbed onto my jeep and drove away with it. Why are you doing this, Camila?

camila's pov

I just drove. But then again, I don't know where to go. I just drove while emotions came over my body. Anger and sadness. Mostly anger. Why can't she pass? We've been together for so long and now we're married, why can't she pass? I drove offroad and not knowing where to go, I crashed onto a road blocked and flew out the windshield. I let my body hit the ground and I cried. I heard footsteps and when I looked up, there she was, standing with her hand out to help me. As I reached for her hand, she dissapeared. Fuck.