5 // best friend

camila's pov

I walked into the house party and Y/N greeted me. "Camila! You came!" she said. "Yeah." I said. "Come on, I'll introduce you to some people here." She said. "Okay." I said. I met a lot of her friends and I realized they were all checking out on me. "Who actually owns this place, Y/N?" I asked and we both sat on the bar, drinking. "Finneas, Billie's brother. He allowed me to use this house because my house is too small for a party like this." She said. "Oh, okay." I said, taking another sip of my drink. "You know... It's so nice to talk to you again. After me ignoring you for like 6 years." She said. "I'm glad we crossed paths again, Y/N." I said. "I'm so fucking sorry for ignoring you. I was so dumb." She said. "Don't worry about it." I said and she smiled. "I'm going to go to the bathroom. I'll be back." She said. "Okay." I said and she left. A sat next to me and I could tell he was checking me out but I ignored it. "Camila, right?" he asked. "Huh? Yeah." I said. "Charlie. Charlie Puth." He said. "Hi, Charlie." I said, not looking at him. "Are you a friend of Y/N's?" he asked. "I am." I said. "Are you here with someone or Y/N invited you?" he asked. "She invited me." I said and I heard yelling from upstairs. "Okay, do you want—" he said but I wasn't paying attention, so I only heard Billie's and Y/N's voices from the stairs. "Y/N IT'S NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE!" she yelled at the taller girl. "YOU MAKING OUT WITH SOME DUDE DOESN'T SEEM LIKE ANYTHING?! YOU ACCUSE ME OF CHEATING WHEN YOU'RE BEEN THE ONE WHO IS FUCKING AROUND?!?!" Y/N yelled at her. The music was too loud for anyone else to heard them yelling. "Y/N PLEASE LISTEN TO ME!" Billie yelled at her. "WE'RE OVER, BILLIE! I WANT YOUR STUFF OUT OF THE HOUSE BY NEXT WEEK AND YOU HAVE TO LIVE WITH YOUR BROTHER WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT. THERE'S NO OTHER FUCKING REASON FOR YOU TO STAY BECAUSE YOU'RE FUCKING AROUND WITH OTHER GUYS!" Y/N yelled and threw her glass to the ground. She left the house and left her now ex-girlfriend inside the room. Billie stood there and watched her leave, tears nearly running down her face. "Nice meeting you, Charlie. But go get someone else's attention." (I'm funny jksjksj) I said and left the Charlie dude.

I went to look for Y/N outside and I found her just sitting on the roof of her car just 500 meters away. "Y/N? Are you okay?" I asked. She looked around and she saw me. She climbed down and hugged me. "I don't know who fucked up here, Camila." She said and started tearing up. I wrapped my arms around her and let her cry on my shoulder. "It'll be alright." I said and she looked at me in the eyes. Tears running down her face and I wiped her tears with my thumb. "Can I please stay with you tonight? Like can I stay at your place? I don't want to go back home tonight." She said. "Sure, Y/N." I said. "Take my car." She said. "Okay." I said.

^this is your car

^this is your car

We arrived at my house and she was asleep, on my shoulder. "Y/N? We're here." I said. "Hm? Okay." She said. I opened her door and she walked inside with me. "I'm gonna sleep in my boxers if you don't mind." She said. "No, it's fine." I said. "Thanks, it's just because I don't think your clothes will fit me." She said. "Okay." I said. I laid down beside her after changing into my pajamas and she was already fast asleep. I haven't slept beside her since we were 16, now we're here. I laid on my side facing the other side. I was just-what? She wrapped her arm around me and put her chin on my shoulder. "I feel safe like this, it's comfortable." She said and I felt her smile. I smiled too and held her hand. That night, I slept happily in her arms and felt happy for the first time in a long time.

your pov

I woke up by myself on her bed and I felt sad. Where did she go? I walked downstairs and she was in the kitchen, cooking breakfast. "Good morning, Cam." I said. "Morning." She said as I watch her cook. "What's in the menu?" I asked. "Bacon and eggs." She said. "You know me, huh?" I asked and she nodded. "I do, I hope you still like them." She said. "Of course I still do." I said. Her ass, oh my god. She's just so perfect. Her curves, her hair, her eyes, her everything. "Were you checking me out?" she asked as she walked over with the plate full of food. Shit. "...no." I said. "Are you sure?" she asked. "I was just admiring the view." I said, picking up my fork. "So you were." She said. "Fine, I was. You have a problem with that?" I said. "No." she said, with a smirk. "Okay, Cabello." I said.

"Do you want to go back or do you want to stay here for the day?" she asked. "If you're busy today, I'll go back home." I said. "I'm not really busy, you can stay if you want." She said. "Okay. I'll stay here." I said. We're now just in her room, watching Disney movies. She's cuddled into my side, with my arms around her neck. I'm wearing her oversized hoodie and sweatpants, since I didn't want to wear my clothes that were from last night all day. I kept glancing at her and I couldn't help but stare at her beautiful side profile. Her jawline's perfect, the way the TV make her brown eyes shine and sparkle, I'm falling in love with her again. "Stop staring." She said. "What? No." I said. She made eye contact with me and blushed. "You're cute." She said and kissed my cheek. Oh my god. "I am?" I asked. "Yeah, you're really are." She said. "I think you're perfect." She said and I unwrapped my arms from her. I lay with my hand on my cheek while looking into her eyes. I leaned in to kiss her but then we heard knocks. "CAMILA OPEN UP!" sounds familiar. "CAMILA I KNOW YOU'RE HOME OPEN UP!" The voice shouted again. "I...I should get that." she said. "Y-Yeah." I said and we both got off the bed.

We went downstairs and she opened the door. I wasn't in front of the door so I didn't know who it was. "Hey, you know where Y/N is?" Billie. "Billie? How do you know where I live?" Camila asked. "I asked a question first!" my ex-girlfriend said and pushed both Camila and her into the house. "Billie! You do not do that to Camila!" I got up and pushed her back out. "Y/N... It's fine." Camila said behind me, holding onto my arm. "No, let me handle this okay?" I said to Camila, letting go of hand. "I promise, everything will be fine after all this." I said and went outside with Billie, closing the door behind me. "Billie... What are you doing here?" I asked, nicely. "Y/N... I don't want to lose you. What I did with Jake was wrong." She said. "No, Billie, I get you don't want our relationship to break, but you have to understand the fact that you were the one who accused me of cheating, yet you are the one who is cheating on me." I said. "Give me another chance, Y/N." she said, holding my hand. I looked around and the only thing I saw was Camila, watching us from her window, upstairs. "I don't want to give you another chance, Billie. It's not that I hate you, it's just that you're not the one for me." I said, backing out from her hold. I went back to Camila's door and she spoke. "Are you falling with Camila again, Y/N? Tell me." She asked. I sighed and I nodded. "I think I am, Billie. Please remember that you were the one who helped me through everything and I hope we will still be friends." I said. "Okay." She said. "Please stay away from Camila, please?" I asked and she nodded. "Thank you." I said and that was the last time I saw her. See I wasn't made for you and you weren't made for me, though it seems so easy.