6 // there's nothing holding me back

your pov

"Camila no! Give it back!" I yelled at my best friend, chasing her around the house because she stole my phone. I haven't seen Billie in a month and Camila and I are finishing our song, it's finally coming out soon. "No!" she yelled back. Being faster than her, I caught up to her and stood in front of her. "Please?" I asked. "No." she said. "Camila..." I said and she shook her head. "Don't make me do this, Cam." I said. "No, you are not tickling me." She said. "Then give it to me." I said. "Fine." She said, giving my phone to me. "Thank you." I said and sat on the couch. I was scrolling through her Instagram, that's why I didn't want her to see it. Also because of my background. She sat down beside me and looked at me weirdly. "What?" I asked, locking my phone. She snatched my phone from my hand and laid down on the couch. "Camila!" I said and basically lay on top of her. She stopped smiling and put my phone on the ground. "Your background is a picture of me?" she asked. I scratched the back of my neck and nodded. "Yeah..." I said. I looked away from her and she grabbed my cheeks. "Hey... It's fine. It's actually really cute of you." She said and I blushed. "You don't think it's weird?" I asked. "No, it's okay, you're my best friend, so it's okay." She said and smiled. I hovered over her face and looked into her eyes. I could get lost in her gaze, forgetting everything around me. "I think I'm gonna kiss you for real if I keep looking into your eyes." I said. "Nothing's holding you back, Y/N." she said. I smiled and leaned in. I grabbed her cheeks and we kissed. It was so slow, just like it used to be when we were younger. We pulled away and we both have smiles on our faces. We started laughing and she put her arms around the back of my neck. "Déjà vu, isn't it?" I said. "It is, I miss this." I said. "Me too." She said and I kissed her again. We just kissed. "Will you go to a date with me, Camila?" I asked. She smiled and nodded. "I would love to." She said. "Okay." I said. "I'll be waiting." She said.

^This is your background

@Y/NPeters: Guys! I'm so excited to tell you this! @camila_cabello's All These Years featuring me is coming out next week. We're so excited to see how you guys are going to react to this and ­we are so excited the fact it's nearly out. We are going to do a livestream when it comes out. Start asking questions at #ATYListeningParty Love, Y/N and Camila.

[a week later]

"Live stream in 3... 2... 1..." I said and turned on the livestream. We're just sitting in my studio, live streaming from the desktop. "Hey guys! It's Y/N here. I'm here with the one and only Camila Cabello!" I said. "Hey." Camila said. "All These Years is coming out in 3 minutes, I hope you're ready for it because we are." I said. "We've been working on it for 2 months and we're so excited that it is finally out. We'll explain later what the song is about when it actually is already out and we'll play it for you. Maybe an acoustic?" she said. "Yeah, acoustic can happen." I said. "Okay, question time!" she said excitedly. She's so cute. "How was the process of writing this song?" she read the question. "Well, Camila was the one who wrote the song. I just tweaked it a little because it was already really good and I was the one who came up with the background music. It was fun to collab with the amazing Camila Cabello." I said and she smiled. "Yeah, Y/N is also really talented, so it was really fun writing songs with her." she said. "No, I'm not. You're so much more talented than me." I said. "No." she said. "Yes you are." I said. "No! Y/N don't fight me." She said. "Fight me, Cam." I said. "We will when this ends." She whispered in my ears while smirking and biting her lips, and I blushed. Oh my god. "Okay, next question!" I said. Fuck, Cabello. Now I'm hard. I got the notification that the song is out so I became really excited. "ALL THESE YEARS IS OUT EVERYBODY STREAM IT BUY IT AND TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW ABOUT IT!" I said excitedly. "Please tell everyone you know about it. Your mom, your dad, your dog, your cat whoever you know." She said. I searched in the computer for the song. It is named cam's jam (all these years) on this computer. Your smile is just as I remember. "Hey Cam, let's do this question." I said, pointing to a question. "How did you guys met and when?" she read the question and I took a deep breath. "Should we tell them how we met?" she asked and I shrugged. "Yeah, why not?" I said. "It's a long story on how we met." She said. "Well, okay. We actually have known each other since kindergarten. That's all I'm going to say." I said. "Yeah. We knew each other since kindergarten up until we were both 16." She said. "There's probably pictures of us when we were like 7 somewhere in the internet." I said. "If you guys find any, please tell me because I want them." She said. "Do you?" I asked. "Yeah. It'll be fun to see, make fun of it." She said. "Make fun of who? You or me?" I asked. "Both." She said and one comment caught my eye. It said, CAMILA IS ALL THESE YEARS ABOUT SHAWN?!?!?!?! No. "No, All These Years is not about Shawn. He's just a friend of mine." She said. Was he really? I could feel jealousy rise up through my blood. Camila squeezed my hand and I looked at her. "It's fine." she mumbled. I just gave her a smile. We did the livestream for another hour and we decided we wanted to get something to eat.

"Were you jealous, when the comment about Shawn came up?" she asked as she sipped her iced tea. "I kind of did." I said. "Look, Shawn and I are just friends, okay? There's nothing to be worried about." She said, holding onto my hand. "Was he really, Camila?" I asked. "Y/N. I never forgot about you over the years and I have no interest on him. I know he used to be our friend too and we both know he has the biggest crush on me when we were 16. Nothing were going on between me and him when you left." She said. "Okay. I trust you." I said and I smiled. You take me places that tear up my reputation, manipulate my decisions.

We danced around the house because we had nothing to do and we just fooled around like we were still kids. Then her song called Havana started playing. "This is my jam!" she said. "Yeah, no shit." I said. She started singing and dancing with me. We both used to dance, god damn, the good old days. Half of my heart is in Havana.