8 // peyton peters

"Are we taking a private jet?" I asked as we walked through the airport to an unfamiliar gate. "Yeah." George said. "Why?" I asked. "Since it's your birthday tomorrow, I want you to be happy. Also because Camila insisted." He said. "Oh. Thanks, George. You're the man." I said. I walked into the plane and my girl was listening to music, sitting comfortable on her chair. I sat in front of her but she didn't notice, so I just watched her. She's so cute. The fact that's she's only wearing sweatpants and a hoodie, she's beautiful. She noticed me looking at her and she smiled. "You're here!" she said, putting her music aside. "I've been here for the past 5 minutes, Cam." I said. "I'm sorry." She said. "No, it's cute." I said. "I feel bad for ignoring you." She said. "It's fine." I said. "We are taking off in 2 minutes, please put your seatbelts on." The flight attendant said. "Hold my hand." I said. "You still have the fear of flying, do you?" she asked. "Yes." I said and she took my hand. When we were in the air, the flight attendant made another announcement where we can release our seatbelts and Camila looked at me. "What?" I asked. "There's a room in the back, do you want to watch a movie since it's a 5 hour flight?" she asked. "Sure." I said. "Let's go." She said and she took my hand. I secretly took a picture for future needs. The room has a full size bed and a tv in the corner. It was small, but it was still so... nice. She and I just cuddled while watching rom-com movies. She fell asleep in my arms in the middle of it and I ended up doing the same.

"Y/N, we're here." I heard her voice. "Hm?" I said and opened my eyes. Her hair was messy, but she looked really cute. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. "Okay." I yawned. I went off the bed and took my backpack. We started going off the plane and she held my hand. Airports. We took our bags and everything we walked into the exit. Woah. "Y/N! Camila!" we heard people calling our names. We took pictures with fans and one of the guys kissed Camila's cheek, which bothered me. "Are you staying in a hotel or?" Camila asked when we walked into the car. "I figured I would stay with you." I said. "Sure. My parents and my sister will be there." She said. "Yes! I miss your mom's food." I said. "You do? That's so sweet." She said. "I do." I said. We made eye contact and she leaned in. I kissed her and we just looked at each other afterwards. We smiled and a house caught my eyes. That was the house I lived in for 16 years.

flashback

"Mom! No don't leave me with him!" I said as my mom left her room. My step father, Steven, he's not the best but he's definitely better than my blood father, Frank. Frank is currently in our house, visiting for a week, wanting to see Peyton and I. Steven is in England for some business stuff. Both Peyton and I were abused by Frank. I was 12 and she was just 8 years old. At this point, the only place I can go to is Camila's house. "I'm sure it'll be okay, Y/N." she said. "No, mom. I don't want to stay here with him." I said. My step brothers are all way older than me, both 17 years old at the time. Just like what Steven did to me, he sent them to boarding school at the age of 15. "I'm sorry Y/N. You have to stay here with him. Take care of Peyton, okay? I'll be back tomorrow morning." She said. "Okay." I said. The moment she left the house, I was scared for life. He walked out of the basement drunk and he saw me. "Hey! Where do you think you're going?!" he said, as I ran up the stairs. "Nowhere." I said, in fear. "Come here!" he said. He was angry. NO! I started walking towards him and he grabbed my wrists and pinned me onto the wall. I don't want to die. That night was the most traumatic one of all time. I grabbed Peyton from her bed immediately after that and I took his car to get to Camila's house. Sinu and Alejandro took care of Peyton and I. They were aware what was going on but couldn't do anything.

end flashback

"Y/N, you okay?" Camila asked. "We just passed my old house." I said. "Oh... I'm sorry." She said. "It's fine. It's just that I have so many memories in that house. I had a little flashback." I said. "It's going to be okay." She said. "It is. I'm here with you, that's all it matters." I said and she smiled. "I'm also happy that you're here with me." She said. We arrived in front of her house and it gave me nostalgia. Camila and I shared so many memories in this very porch. We were young and dumb, but we were definitely in love. "Wow, it still looks the same." I said. "Yeah." She said. We got out of the car and Camila knocked the front door. Sinu opened the door and seemed didn't notice me at first. "Mija!" she said and hugged her daughter. We walked in and she finally noticed me. "Y/N? Is that you?" she asked, putting her hands on my cheeks. "It is, Sinu." I said. "Oh my god, you're so tall!" she said. "Thank you." I said and we hugged. "I missed you so much." She said. "I missed you too." I said. "Mama! Where's Sofi?" Camila asked her mother. "She's upstairs, I'll call her." the older Cabello said. "Sofi! Kaki is here!" Sinu shouted. I heard to set of footsteps run upstairs. Why is there two? Sofi, who is so much taller now appeared from the top of the stairs, followed by a taller girl. Is that Peyton? Wow, she grew into a beautiful young woman. "Peyton?" I said to the girl and she turned to look at me. "Y/N?" she asked and she ran to me, about to breakdown. I opened my arms for a hug and she started sobbing when she reached my arms. "You've grown so much!" I said. "I missed you." She said. "Me too." I said. "You didn't forget about me." She said. "Of course I didn't." I said. "I can't believe you're here." She said and looked at me. "You're so beautiful, Peyton. I can't believe how much you have grown." I said.

"Both of them. They've grown into such beautiful young women." I said and Camila sat on my lap sideways and wrapped her arms around my neck. "My mom told me that Peyton hasn't gone home in 6 months. She's been here since." She said. "Oh. I wonder what happened. I should visit home later." I said. "Are you sure? It's pretty hard to go back." She said. "I think I should. Everything is behind me and I've moved on from the grudges and angers I have against my parents." I said. "Whatever you think is the best for you, babe." She said and kissed me. "Remember when I said I would take you out to dinner but never got around to it because our schedule is so busy?" I asked and she nodded. "We'll go tomorrow, for our birthday." I said. "Formal or Informal?" she asked. "You can wear anything you want." I said. "Okay." She said. "Also I want to spend the day with Peyton tomorrow, I'll probably be back around 5 or 6. Then we can do anything we want." I said. "I'll be with my mom and Sofi then." She said.

I woke up with someone kissing me. I kissed back and I put my hands on her hips. She pulled away and I groaned. "Happy birthday, babe." She said. "Happy birthday to you too, Cam." I said and she stayed in my arms. I kissed her and I got up. "Let's go downstairs. I want your mom's Cuban coffee." I said. "You miss that too, don't you?" she asked and I nodded. "Let's go." I said and put a pair of sweatpants on. We went downstairs holding hands and her mom was there. "Happy Birthday, Mija!" she said to Camila. "You too, Y/N." she said. "Thank you, Sinu." I said. "I made you your favorite. Café Cubano." She said, giving me a cup of coffee. "It is. I love it." I said, taking a sip. Oh my god it's heaven. I placed the cup of coffee on the table and Camila and myself breakfast. As Camila and I were eating, Peyton and Sofi came down. "Happy birthday Kaki, Happy Birthday Y/N." Sofi said. "Thank you, Sofi." I said. "Happy Birthday, Mila. Happy Birthday, Big Sister." Peyton said and hugged me from behind. "Thank you. Go eat and then get ready. I'm spending the day with you." I said. "Okay." My little sister said and went to the kitchen. "Do you think it's a good idea to go back to your old house?" Camila asked. "It'll be fine. If anything happens, I will get out of there." I said and I kissed her. "I'm gonna get ready." I said. "Okay." She said. I don't know if this is a good idea but it's worth the shot.

-------------------------------------------

BOTH PEYTON AND SOFI ARE 17 JUST LETTING YOU KNOW THANKS