4 // corduroy dreams

I walked into the studio while she was singing in the booth. She looked so passionate. Is this what heaven sounds like? She was just wearing a simple hoodie and sweatpants that shows her ass- No, you have a girlfriend, dammit! She could make me hard in seconds- I need to stop! She waved at me when she finished and smiled. I waved back and she walked out of the booth. "Hey, Y/N." she said. "Hey, Cam." I said. "Y/N, do you want to record your parts?" the engineer asked. "Sure." I said.

camila's pov

"Cause after all these years, I still feel everything when you are near." She sang. She's still the same tall nice girl who can play the guitar and sing really beautifully 6 years ago. I miss her. Like, I really do. But she is now happy with a girlfriend and I was her girlfriend but I don't want to break their relationship. I've moved on anyway, have I? "Camila." I heard her voice. "Yeah?" I asked, talking into the intercom. "Was that good?" she asked. "That was perfect, Y/N." I said. She smiled and she walked out. "Are you sure that was good?" she asked. "It was." I said. "Okay." She said. "We just need to record the guitar parts." The engineer said. "How about we film it, while recording it?" Y/N asked, pulling out her camera. "Yeah, okay." I said. We went inside the booth, sitting on a piano and she set her camera on the piano. She plugged in the guitar and everything and we recorded it.

"That was fun." She said. Now we're sitting in a diner, just having some lunch before going back to the studio later. She's so... cute. Her smile is still the same, her laugh, her charm, the difference is that she's not mine. "Cam." She said. "Hm?" I asked. "I said I'm hosting a party in one of my friend's house sometime next week. Would you like to come?" she asked. A party, with her? "I don't know." I said. "Come on, I would like you to." She said. "Maybe, Y/N. I would like to go, though." I said. "Then why not?" she asked. "I just don't feel like I would know anybody there and your girlfriend would probably be there and by the looks of it, she's not fond of me." I said. Her smile turned into a frown. Like a cute one. "Please?" she asked. "I don't know." I said. "It'll be fun!" she said with excitement. "Please, Cam?" she asked and grabbed my hand. "Y/N..." I said. "Okay, I'm not gonna make you banana smoothies anymore." She said, crossing her arms. I have forgotten how her banana smoothie taste like, but what I remembered that it was amazing. "Fine. I'll go. You have to make me your special banana smoothies for the rest of the week." I said. "Okay!" She said, happily. "You're honestly a child." I said. "Don't blame me for being a child." She said. "But it's cute, it's fine." I said and she blushed. I smiled and she groaned, placing her forehead on the table. "You're cute." I said.

your pov

I shuffled through her CD box in her car while we listened to some music and I found one of my albums, called bcos u will never b free. I released this album when I was 19, why does she have it? "Camila." I said. "Yeah?" she asked. "You never told me that you bought one of my albums. In CD." I said. "I might or might not have been listening to your songs the past 6 years. They're all really good." She said. "Oh, okay." I said, putting the CD into the player. I skipped through and stopped at track 5, called 'Corduroy Dreams'.

How could I ignore you?
Trust me I adore you
We're swimming through our dreams
Kiss me in the shower
For a couple hours
Though we're only sixteen
And sit down beside me
Don't call me daddy
Cause that's just fucking weird
Promise that you'll stay here
You and I can lay here
Until the end of time

I wrote this when I was still together with Camila. I wrote it after the first time we both had sex. We were young and stupid, but I knew what to do. She was my first everything.

But girl, well don't you worry about me
It ain't new to me, feeling this lonely (darling)
Girl, don't worry about me
But if you're ever unhappy
Then maybe, baby, I must let you go
Let you go

Baby now it's best here, to lay me down and rest here
Let's dream of Corduroy
Work for what you love to do and I will watch right over you
With your heart I'll never toy
And you're the other half of me
Drink and sleep and laugh with me
Take me from myself
See I'm a fucking basket-case
Until I'm able to see your face
You saved me from myself

She knew all of the words. I remember playing the first draft to her when she turned 16, just a few months before I had to leave. I miss those days. Just me and her. I just sang with her.

But girl, don't worry about me
Cause it ain't new to me, feeling this lonely
Darling baby, girl, don't worry about me
Cause if you're ever unhappy, if you're ever unhappy
If you're ever, ever unhappy
Then maybe, maybe baby I must let you go

"You know the whole thing?" I asked. "It's one of my favorites." She said, pulling over in front of my house. "Well, do you want to come in?" I asked. "No, I have a meeting later." She said. Oh... "Okay, it's fine. Thanks for the ride, Cam." I said, unbuckling my seatbelt. "Of course." She said. We hugged and I got out of the car. I waved and she waved back. I walked into my house and no one was there, gladly. I walked into my room and decided to lay down half naked. Like I'm only wearing a shirt. Penis out. "Y/N? Oh my god!" I heard through my headphones and it was George, he entered but immediately walked out. "George! Will you knock?!" I said, putting my boxers on. I walked out and he was standing in front of the door. "Why were you butt naked?" he asked. "I can and it's comfortable." I said. "It's fine then, I don't need to ask you anything." He said. "Okay, have a good day, George." I said. "You too, sitting in your room naked." He said. I went into my room but this time, I locked the door and laid on the bed half naked, with my headphones on. Why is Camila so damn hot? How can a person be so hot yet cute at the same time? I slapped myself across the face knowing that I have a girlfriend. I scrolled through Camila's Instagram and one photo caught me of guard. Oh my god.

-------------------------------------

;)