11 // the fault in our stars

"LET'S GIVE IT UP TO THE ONE AND ONLY, Y/N PETERS!" Camila introduced me to come on stage. My set is after hers, which was convenient. I hugged her before she left the stage and she tapped my shoulder. "You'll do great." She said. "Thanks, babe." I said. I stood in front of my microphone and I smiled while the crowd cheered. Billie also played, but she did her set yesterday, so I didn't see her. I'm the second last artist to play, the last one is some dude named Rex Orange County. "Before I start I want to thank everybody who had played, who had come here to see their favorite artists or even just here to have fun. This one is Untitled." I said and the crowd cheered when I started playing.

I make enough mistakes
And it feels like she's the only one that hears the things I say

So if for any reason there's some miscommunication or I'm lying to her face
My immaturity and habits gettin' in the way

'Cause I can barely breathe and I don't know how I'll explain myself this time
Wish it wasn't a case of "this time"
But why can't I be any other boy
That doesn't need a hand in love?

Someone that I would trust
But how did I fail
To give you all the love that you deserve?
When you're the only thing that's worth
What life is worth

And I don't mind if you hate me
'Cause baby if I were you
I would probably hate me too
I said that I don't mind if you hate me
'Cause baby if I were you
I would probably hate me too

I did my 3 songs that I was doing and I was getting off the stage when a familiar face was near me. "Everyone give it up for Rex Orange County!" the presenter said. I looked on my phone and searched up the guy. 'Alex O'Connor, known as Rex Orange County...' Alex O'Connor. He's my step brother. I met Camila somewhere backstage after taking a shower talking to a guy, who also looked familiar to me. "Y/N, this is Bobby, you may know him from his stage name Logic." She said. Bobby. "Y/N? You're really Y/N. Oh my god." He said. "Bobby!" I said. We hugged and Camila looked at us weirdly. "Camila, Bobby is my step brother." I said. "Yeah. I haven't seen her in like 12 years so I'm really happy to see her." Bobby said. "Oh." Camila said. "Bobby, Camila is my girlfriend." I said and I mentally slapped myself. Girlfriend. I haven't even asked her... have I? "Oh, that's great. Is she treating you right, Camila?" Bobby asked. "Of course she is." Camila said and I blushed lightly. "I'm gonna go watch the show from front row, are you guys going to? Rex is the last so I really want to see this." He said. "Yeah. Sure." Camila and I said and she took my hand. "Have you met Rex yet? He'll be so happy to see you." Bobby said. "No, I haven't." I said. "I didn't know Logic was your step brother." She said. "I thought you knew; I remember telling you years ago about him." I said. "Well I never met him." She said. "Fair enough." I said. "Also." She said, stopped walking and turned me around to kiss her. "What was that for?" I asked and she pulled away with a smile on her face. "You called me girlfriend." She said. "Yeah, about that, I'm sorry. It kinda slipped." I said. "Hey, it's fine. It's cute, actually." She said and I blushed she pulled me towards outside and we watched Rex's set from the side of the stage. Rex does music similar to me. I mean, he was the one who thought me how to play the guitar in the first place. He thought me when I turned 4 years old. Bobby and Alex are fraternal twins, that's why if you met them, you would think they're only siblings. They look nothing like each other. "Rex is also my step brother." I said, to Camila. "Yeah, I know because Logic mentioned something about his brother performing." She said and I focused back on Alex. "This last song is actually a cover. I would like to end with this song because the person who is the original of this song is actually here. I'm not sure if they are seeing this. But if you are, please meet me somewhere backstage. This is 'sunflower'." He said and I realized that this was a song of mine. He listens to my songs?

"Let's go meet him." Bobby said as Rex finished his set. Camila, Bobby and I went backstage and Rex was talking to some other guys, giving them his guitar. "Rex! Look who's here!" Bobby said and Rex looked towards our way. "Y/N? Y/N?!" he said, excitedly. "Hi, Alex." I said and we hugged. "Oh my god. You're so tall!" he said. "Thanks, Alex." I said. "Y/N, Camila, we need to go soon." I heard George from a distance. "George?!" Both Alex and Bobby looked towards him. "Alex? Robert?!" George said and they started talking. Camila, being behind me, jumped onto my back, making me piggyback her. "Camila." I said. "What? It's fun." She said. "Just because I'm taller than you, doesn't mean I want to give you a piggyback ride." I said. "You're no fun." She said. "I'm kidding, babe." I said. "Y/N, Camila, Alex, his girlfriend, my wife and I are going to go have a movie night, you want to come?" Bobby asked. "Uh, George, you okay with this?" I asked George. "Yeah. You have nothing until later tomorrow night, so sure." He said. "Thanks, George." I said and he left.

We got into Bobby's house and there, we met Bobby's wife, Jess Andrea and Rex's girlfriend, Thea. At first, we just talked but then we watched 'The Fault in Our Stars'. Camila fell asleep in my arms in the middle of it. We were the ones on the couch because the other four moved to the floor. Bobby was cuddling Jess and Rex was cuddling with Thea. I looked down to my girl and she slept like a baby. I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once. That's how I felt when Camila and I met again. I couldn't be happier. She's with me, I'm with her. I ended up falling asleep too.

--------------------------------------------------

i'm running out of ideas soon. pls help