Sam: Let's Play It Cool. . .

I stood there by the door, not knowing what to do next. I was definitely dumbfounded. I didn't know what to do, nor think at that particular place and time. I just froze there. God knows how i look right now. I couldn't even utter a single word. Where did my toungue and my brain go? Did i leave it at home? In the elevator? What is happening to me?

I needed to start moving. My mind says go, but  my heart was getting so heavy that i was already unconcious of how my breathing (if i ever did any!) went. I looked down, took a deep breath that nobody noticed (i hope), smiled and said, "Good morning, Ladies and Gentlemen. We are so sorry to keep you waiting. I hope everything's going well."

"Don't worry, my lovebirds. Mr. Tan and I were just talking about his suit that was personally picked by his fiance. It really does look good on him, don't you think, guys?" I knew President Chan was just playing his cards right while commending his outfit, but i just couldn't help but look at the particular pair he chose to wear today. Pink and Red — the pair I would usually let him wear because it really looked good on him. Fiance?? His fiance chose that pair for him? He's engaged. He's engaged with someone having the same eyes in fashion as mine. What a coincidence. . .

"Congratulations, Mr. Tan. I think you won the jackpot there. Your fiance got good sense of style." Jacob. Really?? Also playing cards now? Oh, come on! You've got to be kidding me. But then again, I can never deny that. I used to choose that for him too. I might as well take it as a compliment. And why the hell should i care anyway? It's not as if everybody knows about our past. As long as i play it cool, nobody will ever know anything about me and Mr. Tan's past. And to play it cooler, I'll have to play with Mr. Chan's lovebird (me and Jacob) fantasy. He just couldn't stop from pairing me up with Jacob. He'll be our #1 fan if we get together. 

But the coolest card would be. . . . . . . 

"So, down to business, shall we guys?" That's me. I'm not in a hurry. I have no other obligations for today except this, but if it's with this guy who blasted from my past particularly, I have to do something. "Always in a hurry, Super Sam. Always. Hahaha. Let me introduce all of you, first. This is Mr. Gabriel Tan, President and owner of the Tan Estate Group of Companies. Mr. Tan, I want you to meet my team, Mr. Jacob Arevalo, CAO of Chan Estates Inc.." Jacob and Mr. Tan shook hands after that introduction. Is this introduction necessary?  

"And this beautiful and multitalented asset of my team is. . ."

"Ms. Samantha Nicole Qua, COO of Chan Estates Inc., I believe?" Wait! Did i hear the right voice saying my name? Was that Mr. Tan's voice? I had to look at him straight in the eyes and send a warning. Can I just die right now? Really? How the hell is he gonna explain our relationship?! Not that there's any, but I'm really hoping that he wouldn't say anything about what hapened before.

"How . . . " Argh! I knew it. President Chan is surely gonna ask how we knew each other. Now, what the heck is he gonna say?!

"Oh, Ms. Qua and I go way back. We've been friends since we were young. We go way back from high school and elementary. I know how smart and talented she is. Right, Ms. Qua?" He said while smiling his evil laugh infront of me. I have to clear my throat and face him with total poise. I shouldn't show him that i'm somehow affected of his presence. No way! So, I immediately answered, "Yeah. President Chan, Mr. Tan and I went to the same school. We were even classmates. That's all. I'm sorry. I didn't know it was him we were trying to merge with."

"Oh, so you're friends, huh?" My boss smiled with the word VICTORY printed on his forehead. I know just what he's thinking. Now that he knows our company has something in common with Gabriel's company, it's going to be way much easier to let them agree with the merge and ask them favors in the future with me being the bullet.