Bits of Yesterday II

I had to leave her for a moment. I can't do anything else. Gusto ko siyang kausapin para linawin sa kanya lahat ng nangyari dati and explain my side na hindi ko nagawa noon, pero she's not letting me in. But I won't give up. Ayokong isipin niya na nag gigive up na naman ulit ako sa kanya. Hinding-hindi na ulit mangyayari 'yun. Sisiguraduhin ko.

After I left her in her room, I went downstairs, helped the team for quite some time and decided to go home. I had to go back to my own company to handle other accounts. Those accounts are supposedly handled by Vieve, but since she's with Cole, I am left with all those. Got no choice.

It took me an hour and a half to reach my office and I immediately doodled on all those files that needed my approval. My people are all so patient with me since day 1. I can't take them for granted. I know they're doing their best in everything that we need to accomplish, that's why I'm gonna do the same. That's the only way I can do to give back.

"I wanna make you smile, whenever you're sad

Carry you around, when your arthritis is bad

All I wanna do is grow old with you... ... ..."

I picked my phone up and answered it. It's Vieve.

"Yeah? Something wrong?" -me.

"Kuya, we have to talk. Sis is still in the bathroom kaya I decided to call you na." -Vieve.

"Okay. What is this all about? Any account you're worried about?" -me.

"No. This is not about work. This is about Sis." -Vieve.

"Okay. Go on. I'm listening." -me. Okay, that awakened my interest.

"Kuya, you have to step back a bit. Please. Sis is not in her best condition at dumadagdag ka sa stress niya. She's been through a lot and I don't want anything bad to happen to her. 'Di ba 'yun din naman ang gusto mo?" -Vieve.

"Yeah. Of course. Gusto ko siyang gumaling agad. But you can't possibly keep me away from her, you know. Mahirap 'yun. Alam mo naman na mahal ko pa rin siya 'di ba?" -me. I laid back on my seat and touched my forehead.

"I do understand you, Kuya. And alam mo naman na gusto ko ring magkabalikan kayo. Pero hindi pa natin pwedeng i-push ngayon 'yan. Hayaan mo munang completely mag-recuperate ang health ni Sis." -Vieve.

"Vieve, wala naman akong ginagawang masama kay Cole. Gusto ko lang siyang kausapin. I just wanna enjoy her presence. She's been gone for a very long time and I missed her so damn much." -me.

"Ang sinasabi ko lang, 'wag ka munang masyadong pushy, Kuya. Mas nagagalit si Sis sa'yo eh. Mali 'yang style mo. You're irritating her more." -Vieve.

"Fine. I'll think of another way then. Kamusta na pala siya? Is there anything she wants to eat? Ibibili ko siya and ihahatid ko diyan." -me.

"Kuya, kakasabi ko lang 'di ba? 'Wag pushy. Hayaan mo muna si Sis. Let her miss you a bit. Okay?" -Vieve.

"Okay, okay. Whatever!" -me. I can't think of another approach actually. I'm running out of ideas.

"Good. Bye na, Kuya. Bababa na'ko ulit." -Vieve.

"Okay. And Vieve?" -me.

"Yes, Kuya?' -Vieve.

"Thank you!" -me.

"No problem, Kuya. Basta para sa'yo. Sige na. Ingat ka mamaya sa pag-uwi. Bye." -Vieve. That's all then she hung up.