It's Gonna Be A Long Process

Days passed and I didn't see much of him already. This is actually a good thing. I wanna breathe for the meantime. For some days now, I have had my rest. A lot of things are going in and out of my mind, but this is the closest to what I call rest. The only difference is, I get to stay at home and my work load is delivered to me. I wouldn't have to get out of my house and be stuck in traffic for hours. I have enjoyed this for 5 days now. I'll be back in my office in 2 days.

I can't deny the fact that I miss the smell of my very own office. I love the neatness and the sophistication on all sides of that big work place of mine. That is where I make magic. That is where my mind works. Everything is alive in that place. My mind, my veins, my body, my heart and my soul are all working as one. Not like in here, my house, my home. This is my place of silence. This is my resting nest. I get to unload all my baggage here and I get to be just me, the real me. This is where I get to cry when I feel like bursting out, laugh when I think of something funny and shout out loud when I'm mad. This is where I hide all my secrets.

I'm in my room now and I'm getting ready to be with my team later. They told me that they're on their way. All I need to do is put on my make up and I'll be good. I'm seated in front of my mirror and was about to start putting my liquid foundation when I heard a knock on my door.

KNOCK KNOCK... ... ...

"Sis?"-Genevieve. She peeped in and searched for me.

"Yes, Sis? I'm here." -me.

"Sis, I'm sorry to disturb you. But Mom called me and I had no choice but to tell her what's happening, because she wants to see me and then I told her that I can't, and then she insisted that I go, but I accidentally told her that I'm currently staying at your place because you're sick and that Kuya asked me to look after you, and I'm really really sorry that she knew about you, because I know that it would be awkward for you to see her, but..." -Genevieve. She was clearly out of breath and was really really tensed.

"Okay, okay. Sis! Stop! Breathe in... Breathe out..." -me. I had to make her breathe. She was so frightened of the fact that Auntie Mylene knew about my whereabouts and my presence in her children's life, particularly her son's life.

Wait! What?! Auntie Mylene knew about me? Already? Holy crap. I wasn't expecting this to be this fast. Hindi ko pa kayang humarap sa kanya. Natatakot akong baka bigla niyang bawiin ang pinangako niya sa'kin dati. She promised me that she won't tell her son about why I stayed away from their family. She knew why I needed to run away. She and Granny. And speaking of Granny, hindi malayong alam niya na rin na natunton na'ko ng magkapatid. Baka bukas makalawa ay nandito na sila sa harapan ko.

"Sis, I am so sorry. I didn't have a choice." -Genevieve. She immediately hugged me and tried explaining, but I stopped her again.

"Sis, kalma lang. Okay lang 'yun. It's not as if my presence is something big for Auntie Mylene. And mas okay nga na alam niya na para wala kayong tinatago ni Gabriel sa kanya." -me. Ano pa nga ba ang masasabi ko? This is the best that I can say. I just have to deal with them sooner or later. Might as well accept the reality now.

"Sis, may isa pa..." -Genevieve. She looked at me and her eyes revealed everything before me.

"Hhmmm.. Let me guess, alam na din ni Granny Mina and pupunta na sila dito bukas makalawa. Tama?" -me. I had it coming. Kahit hindi ko pa naisip na pwedeng mangyari ang lahat ng ito, mangyayari at mangyayari talaga ang mga 'to.

"They're coming tomorrow, actually. Sis, hindi ko talaga sinasadya. Please 'wag kang magalit sa'kin." -Genevieve. Namimilipit na siya sa takot sa pwede kong maging reaksyon.