Chapter Eight {Flashbacks}

{Jack Duff}
Pushing open the door, the sound of it creaking caused me to jump. I forgot it does that, tears ready to rush from my eyes, as this house held memories. More bad than good, but memories.

{Flashback}

"I don't want to intrude," I mumbled to Ethan, as he turned his key. A small smiling spreading across his lips, although he held a strange look in his eyes.

"You're fine babe, it's the least I could do, wouldn't want my baby sleeping on the street." He said, his voice holding a sickening sweetness to it. I smiled at him, wrapping my arms around his neck, causing him to carry me into the house.

"Thank you, Ethan, I'm so glad I met you." I murmured into his neck, kissing it softly, searching for his sweet spot.

"I'm glad you're mine Jack, and only mine." Ethan had a possessive tone, but I shook it off, it was only a few months into the relationship and he's already done so much for me.

He carried me to his bed, dropping me on the hard mattress and plush pillows, sucking on his bottom lip between his teeth.

{End of Flashback}

I picked up a picture, it was me and Andy in a photo booth, I'm surprised he didn't throw this away. The photo was before the time of our relationship, we were barely old enough to go to the mall by ourselves.

"So many memories," I muttered to myself, as I stepped through the messy living room. No matter how hard I cleaned, the mess always came back. The smell of body odor and throw up.

Almost slipping on an empty bag, I held onto the marble counter as if it would save my life.

{Flashback}

I danced to Bazzi around the kitchen, cooking something for both Ethan and I. My feet lightly tapping across the tile of the kitchen floor. A large smile across, everything perfect in my relationship, so far...

"The fuck are you doing?" Ethan's voice boomed from behind me causing me to grab a hot skillet.

"Just cooking us dinner....babe" I trailed off, raising my hands up in defense only for them to be smacked back down. This was a first for him to act like this.

"Turn this garbage off!" He roared, throwing my speaker across the room, it shattering on the ground.

"Eth, calm down its just music." I went to grab his shoulder, only to have a fist fly in my direction, knocking me into the counter, to which I held for dear life.

"Shut up, you faggot!" He screamed, his sneakers stomping into my rib cage.

{End of Flashback}

I made my way to our bedroom, stuffing a suitcase, I knew he wouldn't miss my clothes which was only a few outfits. I grabbed everything valuable to me. A bracelet my mom gave to me when I was much younger, now 15 years of age. I think of what it would be like if she was still here, would everything that went wrong in my past go right, or would it be worse.

Once I got everything, I raced outside. Climbing back into the car my heart ready to run a mile. I was ready to leave that house, leave it for the rest of my life.

"Can you hurry up?" I muttered to Rye, causing him to speed up, not quite passing the speed limit.

"Is that all you have? Guess we are going shopping." Andy chuckled, staring at my bag. "Can't wait to spoil you, jacky." He fake flirted, causing me to smile and roll my eyes.