Chapter One {New Beginnings}

{Andy Fowler}
"Andy, I wanna talk to you," My mum said.

I paused the Tv, not really wanting to talk.

"What is there to talk about? Dad? The divorce? Jake? Rye? Moving school? Football? What is it, what possibly else do I have to know about," I barked, I was tried and felt like crying.

"It's school, Jake is the dean of the school and can get you a transfer there, it's private and you have many opportunities to join the football team there, maybe you can talk to Rye about it because he's captain," My mum said softly.

I took a deep breath.

"Can I start next week? I know tomorrow is Monday but I just need time," I begged.

My mum sighed.

"I think it's only fair after putting this much stress on you," She said before walking out.

Finally, I had time to myself.

As I was slowly falling asleep my phone went off.

"Fucks sake Dad," I whined, answering the phone.

"Come out here, I really don't wanna have to step foot in the house," Dad said.

I rolled my eyes.

"I'll be out in five," I replied, hanging up the phone.

I threw on a pair of joggers and a big hoodie, I couldn't be bothered to get dressed because after all, he is my dad.

"Mum?!" I yelled.

No answer.

I did again and no answer.

"Can nobody answer me or bother to tell me they're going out," I yelled out, in frustration, throwing my phone.

"Calm down, they went out for the night and probably won't be back until tomorrow morning," Rye said.

I completely ignored him, ignoring my shattered phone on the floor, and went outside to go get my guitar.

"Hey bug," Dad said, handing my guitar case.

"Hi," I replied, taking the guitar carefully.

"You look shattered," Dad said.

"I am, I just threw my phone down and broke it in half," I said.

"It'll get better Bug, don't worry about," Dad said, bringing me into a hug and handing me a new phone.

"Dad," I whined.

He smiled.

"You'll need it, especially going into a rich kid school," he replied.

It was the new iPhone X and of course, he got it for me, I desperately needed an upgrade because I had a 5s.

"I love you, Andy, if you need me then contact me, I have all your friends numbers on that phone and my number. Add Jake's, your mums and Rye's later," Dad said smirking.

He did that on purpose.

"I've got to go but thanks for driving a few hours to give me my child," I said.

He smiled.

"No problem Andy, I love you," Dad said.

"Love you too," I whispered as he walked away.

~
I walked back into the house to be tackled down by two dogs.

Okay, this feels normal, somewhat.

Dad had two Dobermans and they loved me and always tackled me down when I got home from school.

Rye cane rushing in.

"Sorry about that, if they bit you then let me know," Rye said.

"Nah, they love me," I replied, scratching the first dog behind the ears.

Rye looked confused.

"Dobermans are a loyal breed, strong, tough and smart yet protective, what's their names?" I asked.

"The one you're petting is Hero and the other one waiting for attention is Lust," Rye replied.

I hummed in response, getting up and walking to my room in hand.

"Are you gonna go to school tomorrow or this week at all?" Rye asked.

I turned back and looked at him.

"Nope," I said popping the P, "this is a new beginning and I need time," I continued.

"Well, maybe you should come to school Wednesday because if you want a spot on the football team, that's when tryouts are," Rye stated.

Then a question popped into my head.

"Do you know A Brooklyn and Michael but his nickname is Mikey?" I asked.

"Yeah, why?" Rye asked, holding out the y.

"Cobban and Wyatt, tell them I said hi," I said.

Rye looked confused.

"How do, how do you know them?" He asked.

I looked back and smiled, only to continue to my room because maybe he doesn't need to know how I know the two boys.