Chapter Six {Safe}

{Jack Duff}

Lost in my own thoughts, I started out the window, counting the streets signs as Rye drove. I thought about Ethan, about what happened at the cafe. What if all of that was a mistake? But being with Ethan, what we had wasn't love, all that brought was pain.

"Jack?" Andy's voice made me jump, my eyes widened in panic, it was louder than usual, causing me to flinch.

"S-sorry, I was thinking," I mumbled, looking around, noticing we were at their house.

"Didn't mean to scare ya, but I've been calling your name for five minutes." Andy smiled, softly as he stood outside of the car, crouched so that he would like it. I smiled back as he extended his hand for me to take.

Grabbing it, he gently leads me out of the car. Slamming the door shut, I jumped again, sending my body into his side.

"You're fine Jack, we won't let him hurt you." Andy murmured, rubbing my shoulder, in a friendly and supportive way.

I followed Andy into their home theatre, Rye already there with popcorn, candy, and bottles of soda.

"Pick a movie," Rye spoke up, as he tossed me the remote, catching it before it could hit my face.

Sitting between Andy and Rye, I turned on Brotherly Love, I had heard about it, but along with other things Ethan didn't allow me to watch Tv unless he was around.

With a blanket thrown over us three, and the popcorn in my lap, we cuddled against each other.

I wouldn't change this night for anything, I'm thankful for these boys. Glancing up, I looked into Andy's eyes that were glued to the screen, same with Rye's causing me to turn my attention back to the movie, losing myself in it.

By the time the movie ended, the other boys were asleep, leaving me awake by myself. Closing my eyes, I force myself to fall asleep sandwiched between the two boys, the room pitch back as the t.v. turned itself off, the only sound were bugs that buzzed outside the house, almost like white noise sending me to sleep.