Chapter Four {Getting To Know You}

Hold up, can we just appreciate nicjudd0427 for a minute? Thanks, I swear she deserves so much more recognition for her books, like if you don't read her books then go read her books, I just think she has incredible skill.

Recap
"You look so different, so good," he said, whispering the last part.

{Andy Fowler}
Ever since Rye learned that I was the kid he beat up, he's been super sweet to me and really protective and I'm really happy about that.

I'm glad he's changed.

Right now, we were on the way back from the store and that's when good times by all time low came on.

I never wanna leave this sunset town
But one day the time may come
And I'll take you at your word
And carry on
I'll hate the goodbye
But I forget the good times
I won't forget the good times

We were bare-knuckled, tight lip
Middle fingers up, ego trip
Devil may care but we didn't mind
I won't forget the good times
We're the boys in black smoking cigarettes
Chasing girls who didn't know love yet
As the bonfire moon came down
I won't forget the good times
I never want to leave this sunset town
But one day the time may come
And I'll take you at your word
And carry on
I'll hate the goodbye
But I won't forget the good times
I won't forget the good times
When we laughed
When we cried
Those were the days
We owned the nights
Locked away
Lost in time
I found the nerve
To say that

I never want to leave this sunset town
But one day the time may come
And I'll take you at your word
And carry on
I'll hate the goodbye
But I won't forget the good times
I won't forget the good times

I never want to leave this sunset town
But one day the time may come
And I'll take you at your word
And carry on
I'll hate the goodbye
But I won't forget the good times
I won't forget the good times

Once the song was over, I noticed the car was stopped.

I looked at Rye, who had total heart eyes over me.

I blushed.

"What?"

"You can sing," Rye said, really red.

I smiled.

"And? I'm not that good," I replied.

"Shut up," Rye said, putting the car in drive.

I blushed.

Then a few other songs came on and I just so happened to know all the lyrics and then we arrived home.

"Did your mum tell you that our parents will be gone for 5 months?" Rye asked.

I nodded my head yes.

I got out of the car, going straight to my room and getting my guitar and going into Rye's room.

Rye was in bed when I walked in.

"You get comfortable fast," I said, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"And?" He said, pausing the Tv show.

"I want to get to know you more Rye, we'll be living together for awhile anyway or for the rest of our lives, so it's only fair to get to know each other," I said.

He shrugged and then sat up, making room for me.

"So tell me, why'd you move after year 8?" Rye asked.

I laughed nervously.

"Well, I was tried of you bullying me and my depression was getting worse so I just told my mum I needed a fresh start but I just found out that your dad and my mum had been seeing each other since I entered the school and it's just weird so she was cheating on dad and Dad found out so her divorced her, and now I'm stuck living in some 10 million dollar mansion in London and going to a private school that I really don't want to go back too, I only have this year left, then I can go off to college," I replied.

Rye took in a deep breath.

"I know sorry won't cut it, but I'm sorry. I was confused about myself and when I found out you were bisexual I thought I could talk about my sexuality to you but then anger just cane out and then I continued to bully you because of my old rep," Rye said.

I put the guitar down, looking into Rye's eyes, I gave him a smile.

"That was 3 years ago Rye, but the past still haunts me and always will, but for know, let's focus on getting to know each other and us," I said.

He smiled, tears in his eyes.

"Don't cry, don't focus on the past, just focus on the future," I said, strumming the chords to can't help falling in love.

The rest of the afternoon went by in a breeze, Rye and I getting to know each other and just enjoying the company we had.