Chapter Thirteen: Mending Wounds

Start from the beginning

"Lord Sesshomaru is nothing but gentle with you, and you're throwing hot beverages at him!" Jaken yelled; jumping around frantically.

"For Kami-sake, leave!" Nayumi screamed; covering her bare chest.

"No one here has any interest in a human." Jaken scuffed.

"Doesn't matter! Get out!" Nayumi yelled.

"Jaken, leave" Sesshomaru said.

"You too." Nayumi snapped.

"Rin, woman, leave." Sesshomaru said.

"Yes, my lord." Rin said cheerfully.

"I will not be kicked out of my own hut." Jinenji's mother protested.

"Leave." he said; his voice cold. The woman finally gave up argueing and left.

        "What are you doing?" Nayumi asked; still covering her chest.

"You act as if I have never mended your wounds." Sesshomaru said; taking the old woman's place behind her.

"Just leave. I can wrap my own wounds." Nayumi snapped; picking up the wrap next to her. Wrapping arond her ribs and chest were not an issure, it became difficult when she tried to wrap over her shoulder.

"What would you say if I told you that I had Jaken do some research on your curse?" Sesshomaru asked; taking the tape from her and finishing the wrapping.

"I would say you wasted your time." Nayumi replied.

"He learned that you can take over the demon's powers." Sesshomaru said.

"I do not want demon powers." Nayumi snapped. 

"Yes, you would become a demon, but you would not have to worry about Otaku ever being released. Not to mention the curse would be broken." Sesshomaru continued. 

"Not interested. When Naraku is dead I will have Inuyasha rip the blades from my veins." Nayumi said; standing up. 

"Ripping them from your wrists will do nothing, but kill you and free Otaku." Sesshomaru said; turning her around to face him. 

"Then when Naraku is dead, I will go into eternal hiding. If I don't die, then Otaku will never get a chance to take over." Nayumi shrugged. 

"You underestimate the demon that cursed you. Your spiritual powers will only last that of a normal humans life span. When they're gone, there will be nothing supressing Otaku. He will take over if the curse is not broken before your spiritual powers die." Sesshomaru said. 

"Hmph. Stay out of my business." Nayumi snapped; crossing her arms. 

"This is curse is going to be the death of you, and you don't even care. Just think about what Rin will think; watching the body of her sister tear humans and demons apart." Sesshomaru said. 

Nayumi snapped. She slapped Sesshomaru across the face, with her bad arm, and was about to do it again when he grabbed her wrist. She brought her good arm up to punch him, but he dropped her other wrist and grabbed that one.

"Don't you EVER bring Rin into this!" Nayumi yelled; spinning around and kicking him in the stomach.

"I will admit, for a human you're deadly." he laughed, "As a demon, you would be a worthy opponent." 

"I'm a worthy one now." she snapped; charging him. 

"Not barehanded." he said; barely dodging her attack. 

"Think again." she said; grabbing his upper arm before she was completely past him. She narrowed her eyes in concentration and his robe started to smoke.