New life

Chapter 17

new life

I drove through the Lincoln Tunnel to see what my new life would be like.I felt like I was in a portal going to my future.I was amazed by how beautiful everything looked even though there were cars and cigarettes in the corners of the curbs.I had never been to New York before and I absolutely loved it.My favorite part about it was the stand on every corner.I finally was getting away from my old life and living my new one.I finally reached my apartment and started unloading my car.It took five trips to get all my boxes up to my room which had to be on the sixth floor.I then sat on a pillow waiting for my moving truck to bring all my new furniture in.It came to be five and the truck was waiting outside.The man driving the truck got out with a clipboard. "Truck for Francesca Zachary?" That's when it hit me.Alexandra is dead this is my new life. "Mam?"

"Sorry and yes this is she.Thank you."The man looked at me a little odd. "You plan on taking all of this and bringing it up to your floor alone?"

"I was kind of hoping you could help."

"I would be happy to help a pretty lady like you."He hopped on the back of the truck and opened the back.He first grabbed the couch and started pulling it out.I climbed up next to him and started pulling along with him. "You're pretty strong eh?" I nodded my head and grabbed a side of the couch and and he grabbed the other.After a few trips he had to head out and I finished taking the small things inside.I started moving things around so I had it the way I wanted it.The couch was just the right height to fit under the window.The rug laid directly in front of it with a coffee table ontop.My bed had a black comforter and the nightstand was white with a black lamp on top.I was so happy my new apartment was amzing.Im going food shopping tomorrow and I'll be set for the rest of my life.Tonight I ordered out and wrote a list about what I need from the store and fr school.After I wrote my list I hung it up on my fridge so I knew what I needed.I began walking towards my bed but I saw outside and decided a walk would be nice.I walked down the stairs and out the door.I always loved adventures.I hadn't taken a map or anything I just walked.I come to a stop when I saw the M&M store.I was so happy.I practically laughed myself inside and mixed all the M&M colors in a bag.I started my walk home when I realized I had no clue where I was.I pulled out my phone which was about to die.I google mapped my apartment and I got directions.My phone died suddenly and I still wasn't sure where I was going.I quickly tapped a tall guy on the shoulder to ask where my apartment was and when he turned around I saw his dark hair and hazel eyes.I couldn't get a word out.He was even better looking than he was before.It was Noah.