Chapter Twelve: Bitten Trance

Start from the beginning

        Sesshomaru knew something was wrong, so he sat next to her. In one swift movement, he had her on her back. As he hovered over her, Sesshomaru pinned Nayumi's good arm above her head. Then he drew his face closer to hers.

        Nayumi was just about to think how stupid her plan was, when Sesshomaru whispered in her ear.

"You better hate me enough that this works." then he brought his lips to hers.

"No!" the demon in her head screamed as it realized Nayumi's trap, but it was too late. Nayumi's overwhelming feelings gave her complete control over her body again.

"I'm fine now." Nayumi said; deciding to turn her head instead of attack him. Nayumi turned her head back to look at him. Sesshomaru was still on top of her and now their faces hovered inches from each other. They stayed like that for a few more minutes, but eventually Sesshomaru got up.

"What happened?" he asked.

        Nayumi went to tell him about the voice, but it felt like something stabbed her in the throat. Nayumi fell to the ground coughing, and was unable to say anything about being mind controlled.

"I can't tell you." Nayumi said; voice raspy from the sudden pain.

"Can't or won't?" Sesshomaru asked.

"Can't." Nayumi said.

"Mind control?" Sesshomaru guessed.

"Long live." was all Nayumi was able to respond with. Sesshomaru narrowed his eyes at her, but he understood.He understood that this wasn't over.

        You little wench! The  voice in her head yelled, but it did not have control of her. Yet. 

So tell me, what do you gain from doing whatever this is? Nayumi asked.

I get to keep my territory when Naraku has you kill everyone that hunts him. The demon replied.

What was that thing with Sesshomaru, then? Nayumi asked.

Foreplay before you stabbed him in the heart. The demon laughed.

        While Nayumi still had control of her body, she decided to leave the village. She did not want to risk anyone getting hurt. She knew when the feeling of Sesshomaru's lips on hers subsided, then Sakura would be able to regain control of her body.

"Where are you going?" Inuyasha asked; passing her as he came from the well.

"Kagome go back to her time?" Nayum i asked.

"Yeah, some test again." Inuyasha scuffed.

"At least she got out of here." Nayumi muttered to herself.

"So what was with that 'Lord Sesshomaru' crap?" Inuyasha asked.

        Nayumi went to explain, but was brought to her knees again. This time the stabbing pain was even worse, and her coughing wouldn't subside. Inuyasha didn't hesitate to pick her up and carry her back to the village. She was coughing so hard that she couldn't even tell him to stop.

"What's wrong?" Sesshomaru ask; voice calm, but his body tensed up when he saw Nayumi coughing in Inuyasha's arms.

"I don't know. She was about to tell me why she called you by your title, but she broke down into this." Inuyasha said; setting her on the mat by the fire, "Where's Kaede.

"Picking herbs with the fox." Sesshomaru said; looking at Nayumi as she kept coughing. Inuyasha didn't stick around for him to finish the sentence. With him gone, Sesshomaru helped Nayumi onto her stomach.

"Sakura." Nayumi managed to spit out between coughs

"Sakura?" Sesshomaru asked. Nayumi's only response was a nod.

"What's the problem?" Kaede asked; rushing into the hut.

"She's being mind controlled by a demon named Sakura." Sesshomaru explained.

"Aye, and everytime she goes to speak of such a spell she cannot?" Kaede asked; Sesshomaru merel nodded.

"That would explain what bit her." Sango said.

"Like that Dark Priestess." Miroku added.

        Out of nowhere, Nayumi stopped coughing.

Dammit. Nayumi growled at the demon in her head.

Kill them. Kill them all. The voice ordered.

        Ignoring her injuries, Nayumi lept from the mat and at Sesshomaru. She still had enough control to decide who she would attack first, and she knew Sesshomaru would be the hardest to kill.

        Sesshomaru noticed the blank look in her eyes before she punched him.

"what are you doing going after him bare handed!" Inuyasha yelled.

"Leave." Sesshomaru ordered everyone in the hut.

"Please." Nayumi barely managed to whisper.

"Yo." Koga said; striding through the door.

"You have horrible timing, wolf." Nayumi growled, and lept at him.

"Wow! What did I do!" Koga said; jumping out of her way.

"It's not her, Koga! Someone is controlling her!" Sango yelled at him.

        With Koga in the air, Sesshomaru noticed Nayumi turned towards him again.

Draw your sword. The voice ordered her. In one swift movement, she unsheathed her sword.

        "Run." Nayumi pleaded. All three demons where standing in a semi-circle around her now.

Use it. Use the great power of the sword to slay them all! The voice yelled.

Nayumi lifted her sword above her head and started spinning the tip in a circle.

"If you're not going to run, then dont move." she said.

        Nayumi forced her left arm to move. She reached into her Kimono, which Kaede had given her, and pulled out three sutras. As the power of the sword almost reached full, she threw the sutras at the demons. No one stopped the pieces of paper from landing on their chest.

"Dragons Death!" Nayumi yelled; bring the ball of energy down and cutting it in half. She brought two fingers to her mouth just in time to create a barrier around the three demons.

They could still feel the power of the blast, but the sutras protected them.

        You protected demons? The voice in her head exclaimed; shocked. 

"Yes. I protected three demons. No one, no one will ever force me to kill. Whether they be demons or not." Nayumi said; breathing hard; she was on her hands and knees now. "NOW GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!"

        Nayumi's head was thrust back as a pink light escaped from her mouth. When it was gone, Nayumi started to fall sidways.

All three demons ran to catch her.