Chapter Eleven: Kikyo's Last Wish

Start from the beginning

"If it makes you that happy, then sure little slayer." Koga laughed.

"Finally someone will take me." she muttered to herself.

        Koga helped her onto his back, and then they were surrounded by a whirlwind of air. Nayumi always knew the wolf used jewel shards to make himself faster, but she never knew exactly just how fast he was. It amazed her that they were at Kikyo's grave in less than a minute. 

"Thanks." Nayumi said; it was the first time she had ever thanked a dmeon.

"Don't mention it. I'll give ya a lift down do you don't have to bother with these stairs." Koga replied.

        Nayumi didn't bother a response. She was too busy staring at Kikyo's grave.

"That will not be neccessary." she barely heard Sesshomaru's voice.

"Your interruption is not neccessary or wanted." she snapped at him.

"You're kinder to the wolf that killed your sister, than the demon who saved her?"  Sesshomaru asked.

"This wolf saved her as well, and he brought me to Kikyo's grave. A favor I asked you to do a long time ago. A favor you refused." Nayumi retorted.

"It's not like I could move you when you asked. You could not move yourself." Sesshomaru scuffed.

"Just go." Nayumi said; tears filling her eyes as she stared at the grave.

"Hey, you okay?" Koga asked; noticing the tear that fell down her cheek.

"Both of you leave. I wish to be alone." Nayumi replied.

"Alright. Just whistle when you're ready to leave. I'll carry you down the stairs." Koga said and was gone.

"Can't you leave that easily?" Nayumi asked Sesshomaru; her voice breaking a little.

"Why aer you crying?" he asked; ignoring her question.

"You wouldn't understsand, demon." Nayumi sneared.

        Witht that, he left. He did not wish to see her cry.

"Naraku will pay for this, Kikyo." Nayumi whispered to the grave, "I will avenge your death."

Do not mourn my death, sister. Learn from it. Learn from my mistakes. You cannot kill Naraku alone. Kikyo's voice rang in her ears, a breeze wrapping around her. She let out a gasp of surprise, and her tears came even harder.

"Do you wish me to fight with Inuyasha?" Nayumi asked.

Sesshomaru. Was the only respone Kikyo gave before the calming breeze around her died.

        Nayumi did not know what to say. Kikyo's last wish was for her to fight with Sesshomaru.

"I may not be able to honor your last wish, Kikyo, but I can promise you that Naraku will die at my hands." Nayumi promised.

Kikyo did not respond, but Nayumi did not expect her to. She merely could not promist to fight with a demon. Not even to kill Naraku. It went against everything she knew. Just like the curse that would not let her die, or age. She was 16 today, but was still stuck in her 14 year old body.

        Remembering her birthday, she realized that she hadn't seen Rin today. In an instant she was up and heading her the stairs. Pain shot up her leg and back, so she let out an ear piercing whistle.

"Cool it, would ya?" Koga said; cringing from the noise.

"Take me to Rin!" Nayumi said; panick rising in her voice.

"What's wrong?' Koga asked.

"I don't know. I just have a bad feeling. " Nayumi mumured.

"Whatever." Koga sighed, but did as she asked.

        "Rin!" Nayumi exclaimed when she saw her.

"Nayumi? what are you doig out of bed?" Rin asked.

"I- uh- missed you. That's all." Nayumi stuttered.

"She was worried about you." Koga said.

"I always worry abouot you." Nayumi said with a smile; elbowing Koga in the ribs.

"Ow! What was that for?" Koga asked.

"I should probably get back to the village. I'm sure Lady Kaede is wondering where I got off to." Nayumi smiled; ignoring Koga.

"Someone's being pushy." Koga grumbled as Nayumi turned him around and got on  his back.

"Just go." Nayumi sighed.

        "Where have ye been?" Lady Kaede asked when she entered the hut.

"I went for a walk, which turned into a ride." Nayumi shrugged.

"I gotta get going, but I'll stop by some other time." Koga said; sticking his head in to say goodbye.

"Get out of here." Nayumi said with a small smile.

        "Ye where almost late." Kaede said.

"Huh?" Nayumi asked; confused.

        To answer her question Rin, Kagome, Sango, Miroku, and Shippo all ran into the hut.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" they all yelled in unison.

"I didn't know you guys were in town." Nayumi laughed as Shippo jumped towards her for a hug.

"Rin told us last week to be here, so we came." Shippo said with a smile.

"You better keep an eye on Inuyasha. Sesshomaru is still here." Nayumi said; rolling her eyes.

        She spoke too late. As soon as she said the last word, there was an explosion followed by Sesshomaru saying

"A half-breed such as yourself will never be of any match to me. Now die."