Parents #1

"Thirds! Meet my friend, Beatriz, Bea, meet Thirdy." Heidi introduced. I took Bea's hand and shook it.

"Hi, Bea. Nice to meet you." I said.

"Hello." She greeted back with a smile. Her voice is calm, her smile is genuine. Ahh...

"Heidi! Come here!" Her friend called.

"Guys, balik ako ha? Get to know each other muna, I know both of you will be great friends. Pero, hmm, ingat-ingat din! Baka magka-inlovan!" Heidi joked. Me and Bea just laughed.

"Get your ass out of here, Heidi!" Bea joked.

•••

"So... Never kayo nag-usap ulit? As in, never?" She asked. It's past 12:00, and we were both drunk.

"Nope. And I guess, that was a sign for me to move on..." I answered.

"Dapat lang. She's not worthy of being your girlfriend, Thirds." She said.

"I guess you're right." I could only agree with whatever she says.

She drank more beer, and placed it down when it was already empty.

"Alam mo, you're very different from other ladies... I think I like you."

"Psh... Ang breezy mo!" She teased.

"Actually, I think I like you too..." She confessed.

"Really? So..."

The next thing I knew, her lips landed on mine. And the rest is history...

•••

"Oh my God..." I was waken by her voice. I opened my eyes, and I saw her beside the bed. I got up and realized I didn't have my clothes on. Wait... Did we just? Oh no...

"Umm... Hey." I greeted her.

"I'm sorry, did I woke you up?" She asked nervously.

"No... No, I'm sorry for what happend. I'm so wasted, and I couldn't control myself. I'm so sorry, Bea.." I said.

"It's fine. It already happend." She sadly said.

"Do you regret it?" I asked.

She was about to answer, but then she stood up and ran to the bathroom. I followed her, and found her vomiting. I quickly gathered her hair, and tied it. When she was finish, I helped her stand up and helped her wash her face.

"Thirdy... What if I... What if I get pregnant?" She asked with tears forming in her eyes.

"Don't worry Bea... Pananagutan kita." I said. I pulled her and wrapped her around my arms.

•••

"Bea!" Her mom ran towards her then gave her a hug.

"Where have you been all night? Pinagalala mo kami ng Daddy mo." She said.

"Who's this?" Her mom asked after pulling away.

"Mom... Si Thirdy, Thirdy, mom ko." She nervously introduced.

"Nice meeting you po, ma'am." I greeted. I saw confusion in her mother's eyes.

"Hello..." She said. She was looking at me and at Bea, I guess mothers know everything about their child, because she the Bea getting tense.

"Bea, is... is there something I should know?" She asked. Beatriz was already crying. She did not know what to do.

Her mom pulled her upstairs, tightening her grip on Bea's wrist. I wanted to help, to save her, but I couldn't. I waited for almost 30 minutes there, waiting for Bea to come out. Another 10 minutes, she came out, but with her bags.

"W-what happend?" I asked.

"Thirdy, take me out of here. Please..." She begged. I took her other bags, and we both drove to my home.

•••

"Bei, we're here." I whispered. She fell asleep during the ride to home. She woke up, but did not say a word.

"What happend between you and your mom?" I asked to break her silence.

"I told her I was pregnant. But..." Before she could continue, her tears came falling out. I pulled her and embraced her.

"It's okay... Bea, it's okay..." I said.

"Thirdy, pano kung di tayo tanggapin ng parents mo? Ng mga kapatid mo? Ano nang mangyayare satin?" She asked.

"We'll find a way, okay? I'm always here for you, for our baby. Don't worry..." I answered.

"Thirdy..." She called.

She pulled away, and looked me in the eye.

"Thirdy, thank you." She said. I gave her a peck on the lips.

•••

"I'm sorry, Thirdy. Pero... We can't accept that."

Those words kept running on my mind. Di ako makapaniwala na pati sarili kong magulang, papalayasin ako. Me and Bei decided to go to my condo. Dun na lang kami titira.

"Thirds, I'm sorry. I'm sorry I brought you into this mess. Pati sarili mong magulang, itinakwil ka na rin..." Bea said.

"W-what? Don't be, Bei. This is all my fault, kung hindi ko lang sana..." She cut me off by a kiss.

"Do you regret it?" She asked with a smile.

"No. How bout' you?" I asked back.

She shook her head. I placed my arm around her and kissed her hair.

"From now on, I promise to take extra care of you and our little prince." He said as he caressed still flat tummy.

"It could be a girl, Thirds." Bea said.

"Still hoping for a boy." I replied.

"Oh well... What time is it?" She asked with heavy eyelids.

"10:00 PM. Are you tired? Been a long day. And... Bawal magpuyat ang mga buntis." I said.

"How would you know?" She asked.

"Wala lang. I heard it from other women." I answered.

"Lol. I didn't know marunong ka rin pala maki-chismis." She teased.

I shrugged my shoulders.

"Is it okay if we both sleep on my bed?" I asked.

"Sure. No problem with that." She answered. I guided her to my room and let her sleep. I decided to put her clothes in my closet, then take a quick shower, after that, I drifted off to sleep.

•••

Bea's POV:

3 months later...

"Bei, bakit parang... parang tumataba ka?" Jho, one of my teammates asked.

"W-what? No, I didn't! Baka namamalikmata ka lang." I lied.

"Sure? Alam mong wala kang matatago sakin, Beatriz. Spill it." Jho said.

"I don't think I can play this year." I answered.

"Ha? Bakit?" She asked in a worried tone.

"Jho, I'm 3 months pregnant." I announced. She was shocked, of course. Who would of thought about a very disciplined lady, getting pregnant at this early stage of her life diba?

"Paano?! Sino ang ama?!" She asked. I looked around my surroundings and then covered her mouth with my hand.

"Shit. Be quiet, Jho! Baka may makaalam!" I whispered. I removed my hand from her mouth, and then she started gasping for air.

"Sino ang ama, Isabel Beatriz?" She asked in a very serious tone.

I sighed and took a deep breath.

"Si Thirdy. Thirdy Ravena." I answered.

"Oh my God."