25

Pet owners pov

1 hour later

Ariana was fast asleep in my passenger seat as we drove from Arizona to Los angels. I still had much more questions for my husband and why he did what he did. Things weren't going to change and he needed to know that. This poor girl and the things he did to her or with her. She was possibly 18 or maybe 16, she had a little baby face. Her bones showed throw her skin and it scared me. I thought of stopping by the hospital or maybe a store so I could get her some medicine and band aid stuff so we could clean her up, but I was too scared to leave her here all alone.

I looked back down at Ariana who had the chair reclined back with brown sugar in her grasp. I allowed her to take and keep the puppy with her because I assumed it gave her some comfort she didn't have at the comment.

' Ariana ? ' I shook her as I focused on the road.

' Ariana ? Sweet heart please wake up. ' I smiled down at her as I stopped the car at a Walmart

Her eyes fluttered opened and I could tell that was the first time she had a peaceful sleep. She sat up and her eyes grew wide as she saw all the people in front of her or surrounding the car.

' Ariana it's okay. You don't have to be scared. I'll be right back, maybe 10 mins tops. I need to get you some new clothes, cleaning supplies and some first aid stuff because your injured and we need to get all these cuts cleaned up okay? '

She looked at me for a few moments with fear in her eyes. Her brown eyes glossy from the tears she was showing from her dream and from the amount of people near her.

I waited to see what she was going to do or think, but all I got from her was a small sigh and a nod. She grabbed the dog in her chest and reclined the seat back. I grabbed the large blanket I had in the back seat just Incase me or her got cold. I threw it over her body and her head. I didn't want anyone to see her or let my husband see her either.

' don't bring your head out from under the blanket okay? I'll be back as soon as possible, we don't want anyone to see you. I'll protect you from now on until we get to Los angels and the police get involved with this. Please don't uncover yourself. '

That's all I could say as I got out the car and locked the doors. I went around checking to make sure they were locked for-sure. I even put child lock on the doors just Incase my car windows were somewhat tinted. You could barely see inside but the front windshield was more visible that the windows on the sides and the back.  I had needed to fix the front window but I just didn't see the point. Now I wish I had got it fixed so it would match the other ones.

I grabbed a cart and headed inside the store. The first thing that came to my mind was going to the first aid area. I grabbed multiple boxes of band aids, cleaning supplies and a actual first aid box. The next thing I thought of was food. She needed a lot of food. She was so thin and I was afraid of touching her. I thought I'd break her really fast. She was so young yet looked to be about 95 pounds? I'm sure that wasn't the right weight or the right size she should be for her age.

I grabbed maybe four bags of different chips, a couple salads, some candy, a case of water and some fruit. I grabbed a baby size ice chest and a small bag of ice. I then went to the clothing side. I didn't know what size she was or what taste in clothing she had liked so I got her the most plain clothing I could get her. The drive would take about a day or two and a couple hours so I got her four t-shirts, a jacket, two pairs of shorts and three pairs of jeans. I grabbed a bag of socks and two bags of plain underwear. I got a hair brush and also some toothpaste, toothbrush and hair ties. I went and looked at the shoes she had and they were ripped from the bottom and looks all dirty. I wasn't sure what size she was so I grabbed a pair of sandals and a size 6 in women's shoe. Hopefully they would fit her small feet.

After I got everything that I needed. I went to the register and put all my items on the counter and hoped the lady didn't ask any questions on my choice of items.

" hello ma'am "
" oh, hello. " I smile back at the blonde teen
" must be a camping trip with all these items " the young lady questions as she scans what I had picked up
" oh yes! My niece forgot her bag at the house and we're already two towns over and I thought it was too late to go back now! " I smile throw my horrible lie
" well that's not very good! Hope your having her pay you back for all these new clothes " the blonde says after she finishes scanning my last item
" don't worry about that. She's paying me back every penny. " I lastly say as I grab my cart and head out to the car.

My heart stopped the moment I went into the sore and out the store. I was afraid of leaving her all alone in the car. I didn't want anyone to notice or see her in there and try anything with her or that scary guy she is soo afraid to tell me about see her either.

I rush my little booty to the car and pop open the back seat door. I put the ice in the ice chest, my fruit, salads and candy in the ice chest and put it behind my seat. I put the first aid in there own baggie and left Ariana clothing in her own bag that I had got her. I put the clothing behind her seat with the shoes and Sandler's. I sit myself down in the driver seat and start the car.

" don't uncover yourself till I say so. I want to wait till we're out the parking lot " I talk calmly to her. I turn to see her node her head from under the blanket and I smile knowing she was still in here

A few minutes past and we're finally out the parking lot onto the free way " take your head out now " I smile at her. She looks up at me and looks out the tinted window.

" are we safe now? " Ariana questions me
" not yet, but we or you will be soon. " I look straight at the road and ignore whatever she had else to say. " one last thing. You should change into some new clothing soon. I'll make one more spot on the free way and get out so I could fix up your wounds and help you change into your new clothing, but for now. Sleep. " I say with a half smile as I look down at her small frame.
-
-
Authors note:
Yikes.. I haven't posted since 2017 maybe? Might be early 2018... soooo sooo sorry. I normally write parts of the chapters in different days. I'm a senior now and I don't even have time to do anything really. I really hope I still have readers and hopefully I'll be able to finish this book and be able to fix all the errors I have made!

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS WOULD WANT TO HAPPEN OR WHAT NOT IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!!

Thanks for all the reads! xoxo ❤️