"I would love to. Food is always a good idea." She laughed and looked at me for confirmation.

"I'm cool with whatever. What time did you wanna go?"

"Probably around six or seven? I don't want to have you both out too late and have people throwing themselves at you both." She stood up and stretched before her cellphone started ringing.

"That's probably your dad." She sighed and smiled. "I told him earlier that you both were here and he so happened to be in town with your brother and sister. I guess we can make this a family event." She shrugged. "Are you comfortable with that, Ashton? I don't want to pressure you with all of there people around so soon—"

"No, Pattie. I promise it's fine." She nodded. "Justin put up with my crazy family for just about a week; I would love to be around a calmer setting and I'm sure he would to. I'd love to meet everyone."

She looked at Ashton some more and I noticed that her eyes were getting a little teary. She was always emotional; but I could understand why.

"Mom," I chucked. "Everything okay?"

"I just really like this one." She patted under her eyes as the tip of her nose turned red. "She's so genuine!"

I looked over at Ashton and smiled at her, quickly kissing her cheek. "Thank you." She smiled at my mom.

"I'll give you two some more time to get adjusted." She quickly ran off to grab her phone, leaving Ashton and I in the living room, watching each other with a smile.

"So, what do you think of her?"

"I like her." She smiled and rested her head in my lap. I ran my fingers through her purple hair and rubbed her scalp; she always told me that doing this put her to sleep easily. "She reminds me of my mom in a way— I'm sure they'd love each other if they met."

"She's very... emotionally driven." I smiled.

"Oh, like you aren't?" Ashton raised her eyebrow at me and chuckled. "At least I know where you get it from now."

"Shut up." I laughed and took her hand, walking her outside to the sitting area and pulled her to my lap. One of her arms went around my neck and she rested her head on my shoulder.

"I won't have to deal with any of your old female friends who potentially have a crush on you popping up, will I?" Ashton chuckled and played with my hand in hers.

"Trust me, that's the last thing we'll have to worry about." I grinned and squeezed her side. "I was thinking that when you're done working, we should take a vacation." I shrugged. "I have a few more weeks left of getting this album together— everyone your friends can come if they want, and I'll bring mine."

"A vacation to where?"

"Ever been to St. Lucia?" I looked up at her and her eyes widened.

"St. Lucia? Justin... that's a big trip to try and plan within a few weeks!"

"Babe, don't worry about that. Do you wanna go?"

"Of course!" She laughed and cupped my face in her hands, kissing every inch of the skin on my face. I caught her chin before she could give me another on and kissed her sweetly.