Chapter 3: Getting dolled up

Niamhs Pov:

I ran back home after my encounter with olly and I ran into the house. I expected my mum and dad to be home but they weren’t? There probably out with friends or doing the shopping. I went up into my bedroom and almost had a panic attack!

“OH MY LORD AHHHH LILLY WHY ARE YOU IN MY ROOM?! MY LORD HOW DID YOU GET IN?! WHY ARE.. WHAT THE?” I began to panic.

“Ok….BREATHE!” Lilly grabbed my shoulders and swung me back and forward.

“One! I’m in your room to get you ready for tonight! Its your birthday duh! TWO  Your mum and dad let me in again duh!”Lilly stating the obvious.

“Well thank you for explaining to me” I giggled.

“No problemo! Now the boys have a big surprise for ya so lets get you dolled up!”  Lilly dragged me into my room and sat me in a spinny chair. I sat down and was about to go through craziness. Lily plugged in her IPod and blasted Up All Night. Lily took out her brushes, sponges, eyeshadow, lipglosses and well everything that you can wear. Lily is my best friend. Lily and I have been friends since pre school.

****FLASHBACK****

It was break time at primary school. I was in senior infants and I was kinda small for my age in a way so the kids would pick on me. We had all finished our lunches and we were allowed to go out to play in the fresh air and the little playground with colourful monkey bars, slides and most important to me the swings!

I was running to the swings when all of a sudden one of the older kids came over to me and pushed me into a muddy puddle.

“Have a nice fall Niamh?” They teased. I looked at my clothes and I was covered in mud from head to toe.

“How about we clean you up?” the older kids friend asked. They gave me a hand up and pushed me back down.

“Haha! Cant believe she actually fell for the old trick!” the laughed, that’s when Lilly came over.

“Leave her alone!” A girl with blonde short hair came over and gave me a hand up.

“what if I don’t?” they asked.

“I’ll do this” and with that the little girl kicked the two younger boys were it hurts, grabbed my hands and we ran. The two of us ran until we came under a tree away from the boys.  We sat there in silent but it was a comfortable silent.

“You just saved me, thank you” I smiled at her.

“Ah please, it was nothing I mean I hate them guys and I feel bad that everyone is picking on you and I’ve always wanted to be your friend but I was too shy to ask you.” Lily said to me as looked me in the eyes.

“I hope they don’t come after you. I’m used to getting picked on so don’t worry about me and really you wanted to be my friend? I’ve never had a real friend before I’d love to be your friend.”  I said as I jumped into her for a hug.

“wait! Were not gonna be friends! Were gonna be best friends!” She jumps happily.

“pinky promise? Pinky promise we will be friends forever?” Lily holds out her pinky.

“I pinky promise that me and Lily will be friends forever”

 We pinky promised and then ran back into class.

***FLASHBACK OVER***

“And Done!” Lily exclaims. I must of zoned out in that flashback.  Lily spun me around in my chair to show me my make up and wow! She did a great job. I looked beautiful, I’ve never really felt beautiful but whatever Lily did with me she made me feel beautiful.

“Now Hair!” Lily ran into the bathroom and took out the curling wand and began to put my hair into light wavy curls. Wait hang on. Lily said the boys were surprising me, does that mean were not going to Laserlight?

“Lily I really need to know this okay?” I asked her.

“Yeah hun?”

“are we going to Laserlight or a different place because I invited a friend to come and if they go to Laserlight, I’m not going to see my friend.” I told her.

“Okay, this is only for your friend. Were not going to Laserlight. We’re going to another place ok?” She asked.

“perfect.” I replied.

I swiped out my phone and called Harry.

“Hello?”

“Harry! Listen to me! I know we’re not going to Laserlight okay. Now listen, I made good friends with Olly Murs today and I invited him to Laserlight okay? So I want you to ring him up and tell him the place to go okay!” I rushed down the phone.

“emmmm okie dokie gotta go bye!” he said.

He sounds suspicious. Real suspicious. 

After Lily curled my hair, She gave me the most beautiful bright blue dress, a little above my knee.  I had bright blue heels to match and a little bag.

I went downstairs as Lily put her dress on. Lilys dress was a red dress a little below her knee and she had red heels to match.

We walked out into the garage, buzzing for tonight.

“Here put this on!” Lily threw a blindfold at me.

I looked at her confused.

“You can’t see where you’re going silly!” she laughed.

“Okay, but you better not ditch me in the woods for some old lady to come out and cook me.” I laughed as I put the blindfold on.

“your so random Niamh.” Lily pushed my shoulder.

“That’s why you love me!” I screamed.

“Yeah that is why I love ya. Now come one were gonna be late.” Lily giggle and with that she started the car and we were making our way to the par-tay! I can't believe I'm finally twenty one! Finally!