The bad boy wants to protect me?

After work I was absolutely knackered. I was completely rushed off my feet at work and the fact that I’m new didn’t help, plus the fact I was stressing about a freaking thumb that was delivered to me, my mind feels like a pile of mush. 

Even though I feel like I’m going to pass out any second I walked out of work with the envelope in my bag determined to find out the meaning of it. I haven’t stopped thinking about it, all the things it could mean.

My first guess was that it was Ladan’s doing, since it was one of his gang members that delivered it, but then I remembered all the time I’ve spent with him and realised that he wasn’t that type of guy. Yeah, I know he kills people who cross him but he wouldn’t keep there body parts and he especially wouldn‘t have them delivered to me.

That’s what I thought anyway, as the hours passed I started to doubt myself and him.

Another thought was that it was one of Ladan’s rivals sending him a warning of some sort, or showing him that someone’s been killed. It won’t be hard to identify who’s finger it is considering the tattoo, so if he does know who’s it is he’ll recognize it straight away. 

But if it was from one of his rivals why would one of his gang members deliver it? Unless he’s a  traitor? Or a member of a different gang. 

The thought made a shiver run down my spine. If it is someone who’s against Ladan, they know me, they know who I am and that I live with him, they even know where I work. That only means one thing, I’m in danger.

Between my thoughts I didn’t even realise I has made it home. I stood looking at the house I had been living in for a few weeks now, with a man who I thought I knew. Now I’m not so sure. 

Determined to find out what the hell was happening I headed into what I thought was home.

Opening the door I got a big whiff of curry, my favourite, I almost forgot what I was so determined about there and then. 

I walked into the kitchen to see Ladan stood over the stove in grey sweat pants and no shirt. His back was too me so I took a little moment to absolutely drool my ass off at this sexy man in my kitchen, cooking my favourite meal. 

Then I remembered the envelope in my bag and my face dropped, realising it was all clearly to good to be true.  I slammed my bag on the counter making a bang, Ladan turned around with the biggest smile on his face I’ve ever seen, and it was for me. I almost melted a little bit right there and then. Focus Addison, the finger for gods sake. 

He saw my face and his face dropped as he came over to me and stroked my cheek.

“What’s wrong Ads?” He asked in a whisper, sounding like he was about to break. 

I moved my head away and turned my bag upside down, the envelope dropped out and lay flat on the counter. 

I looked up to see Ladan looking down at the envelope confused. Okay, so he didn’t know what it was. Is that good or bad?

He looked from me to the envelope and back a few times before speaking.

“You want me to open it?” He asked.

“well it is for you” He looked ever more confused as he picked up the envelope. 

He reached into the envelope and pulled it out before even looking inside. 

Bad move.

He pulled it out and turned the finger around so the tattoo was facing him.

His eyes widened as he dropped the finger back onto the counter. It bounced and landed on the floor, neither of us went to pick it up. Ladan stood there frozen as I studied him. 

In the blink of an eye Ladan was up the stairs and running into our bedroom. I followed him, running as fast as I could. I entered the bedroom and didn’t see Ladan anywhere, as I made a confused face I heard the sound of liquid on liquid coming from the bathroom.

 I ran in and saw Ladan with his head in the toilet, puking his guts up. I bent down next to him and rested my head on his shoulder.

He recognised that finger and it must have a massive affect on him to make him physically sick. I felt my heart break as I saw the tears in his eyes. My protected, my housemate, my gang leader looking so weak and hurt, it physically killed me inside.

Ladan wiped his mouth and sat up against the bath. He looked into my eyes as I sat on my knees across from him.

He had such a hard look in his eyes that had me confused. It was pleading, like he was begging me not to ask him, I ignored him.

“What is it Ladan?” I asked patiently, when he looked down and showed no sign of answering I got angry.

I grabbed his arm “who’s finger is it Ladan?” I said with clear aggression in my voice. He looked taken aback at my fierce tone and looked tone again.

“Jase, my baby brother.” He whispered as he held back a sob and was sick into the toilet again. 

I fell back a bit on my bum.

Ladan has a brother? Who’s finger got sent to me? Which either means he’s had his finger chopped off or.. Ladan had a brother. My heart broke at that thought.

-------

I'M SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You'd think after not updating for so long i'd give you an amazing chapter buttttt well yeah :( i tried though and my ideas are back :) So hope you guys like it and i hope we've gained some new readers!! :)

Anyway comment and vote and all that shizzz, lemme know what you think 

xxxxxxxxxxxxx