Chapter 4: A Star Still Shining Bright

Hi everyone!  It seems all of you like this a lot!  Every time I tune into Wattpad this story always has more reads!  I'm so glad all of you are enjoying this so much!

And now... what you have hopefully been waiting for... what happened to Ash??

Let's begin!  Enjoy!

Ash

"Uhhhh..." came a mumbled voice.  It took him a second to realize that it was his.  He slowly blinked open his eyes, and looked around himself.  It looked like he had been lying on some snow, though he found it a little odd that when he got up no indent was left in it.

Strange, Ash thought.  I... this feels weird.  What happened.  Soon though, he saw a small "Espeon?" from somewhere behind him, and that's when he remembered the events that had happened a few... hours?... earlier.  

My head hurts, Ash thought, groaning.  And my stomach.  I want food! (we all know it was only a matter of time before he thought that)

"Pika pika!" was heard from Pikachu, though Ash covered his ears when the sound reached his ears.  Why is Pikachu yelling at me?  Ash thought.  Then he realized something else with dread.  Pikachu never yells so loud that I have to cover my ears... something must be wrong with me!

Ash turned, wanting to respond to Pikachu-

He gasped.

Pikachu was taller than him!  And Espeon!

Ash gulped.  This... this wasn't-

Wait. 

This had happened once before, hasn't it?

When he was travelling with Dawn and Brock in Sinnoh, when he-

Got shrunk.

I got shrunk, didn't I? (That episode actually exists.  It's called "Historical Mystery Tour".  Go check it out!)

Ash looked at Pikachu and Espeon.  They stared back, for what was about 5 minutes.  Pikachu and Espeon in unison mumbled something, which Ash figured was them asking if he was okay.

"I'm fine guys, don't worry!" Ash said, plastering a smile on his face.  Although it would suck, he could do so many things now.  He could ride Pikachu and Talonflame.  He could fit in Bonnie's bag like Dedenne could.  He could-

Smiling like an idiot, he raced over to Pikachu and touched him.  "Tag!" Ash called out, running away as fast as his little legs could carry him.  He paused for a bit when he didn't hear any footsteps, wondering if he'd made a mistake.  Then he heard giggles from the two Pokemon, and he turned to see them chasing each other around.  So adorable, Ash thought fondly, and raced over there himself.  It was only a matter of time before got caught, but Ash was a pretty fast runner, so he wasn't "it" for that long.  

"Hey Espeon, over here!" Ash called when Espeon was tagged by Pikachu.  "Hey Espe-"

Footsteps were heard through the forest, which made Ash fall backwards.  He still wasn't used to his new form yet.  He began to fear if a stranger was in the forest, because they would have to hide, they would have to find their way back to the Pokemon Centre, they would have to-

"Ash?  Ash are you there?  Please answer me!"

Ash knew that voice.

Serena.

He didn't want Serena to find him.  He didn't want anyone to see him look even more pathetic.

He turned to Pikachu and Espeon, about to tell them not to call out to Serena, but it was too late, they were already doing that.  "Pikachu!" his partner was calling out excitedly, while Espeon yelled alongside him.

"Stop!" Ash raced over to them, waving his arms around.  "Stop, I don't want her to find me..."

As the two Pokemon looked at him like he was crazy, he felt that dizzy feeling again.  No... not again...

All he could here was the echoing cried of his yellow friend as he fell into unconsciousness once again.

Serena

"Ash?  Ash, are you there?  Please answer me!" Serena called out desperately, hoping either he or Pikachu would answer her calls.  She was still very worried about him, and that worry only escalated once she had entered the forest.

Almost at once, she heard Pikachu's cry, and another Pokemon yelling with him.  Even though she was cold and tired, she forced her legs to race towards the source of the voices.  She smiled as she saw Pikachu and what looked like an Espeon and-

She gapsed.

On the bed of snow lay Ash's shrunken form, clearly unconscious.  "Ash!" she cried out, yet that gained no response from him.  "Don't worry, I'm going to help you," she whispered to him.  She crouched down and gently scooped him into her palm- he felt so cold.  She blushed a little when she saw him cuddling up on it, clearly enjoying her body heat.

She stood up again, looking at Pikachu and Espeon.  "Let's go!" she cried, not caring if the Espeon didn't want to go with them.  The two Pokemon raced beside her as she ran back to the Pokemon Centre.

Oh Ash... she thought, looking at him.  Her heart twisted.  Why did she have to like him?

Oh Ash... I'll help you.  You'll be okay.  

We'll be okay.

We have to be.

You're the Sun to my Earth.  Without you, I'll die.

You're the star that always shines bright.

You're my star that always shines bright.

That's it for Chapter 4!  Sorry if these are really long- I'm trying to make them shorter.  Hope you enjoyed this!  At least Ash is finally safe, right?  How will Clemont and Bonnie react to this?  Tune in for the next chapter to fine out!

Oh, also, I am going to be very busy the next couple days (for real).  I have this major presentation and test on Thursday, and I'm so nervous for both, so I am most likely not going to update until the weekend.

Hope you understand!  Wish me luck!

Now for our Pokemon Question of the Day: (another easy one) what's your favourite region? (from the anime)

Mine's Kalos!  The home of Amour!!!

Comment your thoughts!

Oh, and one more thing: if you're looking for another good read, read my other book, A World of Her Own!  It's about a young author who goes on a quest to save her daughter...

In a World of Her Own ;)

If you go and read it, it would be greatly appreciated!  Well, that's all for now.  Enjoy the rest of your day! (Wow this was a really long A/N)

Stay tuned;)