Cute When You're Mad

                 Lucifer's POV::

    I pace back and forth, running my hands through my hair. I should stay away from that girl, it would be the smart thing. My only thought when I see her how much I want to kill her father. He took away the only thing I had in my life. My father. But while I know I'm supposed to just get to him and end his life, she somehow has a hold on me. Even after only a few conversations.
    "How close are you getting?" Manuel asks me, leaning against his desk. I shake my head, chewing on my nail nervously. "This was your plan. You want Reign dead, what better way than to get to him through his daughter?"
   I shrug, straightening up my posture. "She seems innocent, like she doesn't know anything," I tell him. He sighs, tucking his hands in his jeans.
    "You know, when we united the new generation of the Los Asesinos, we knew we would eventually seek vengeance for The Killer's ending us. The first step is always taking out their leader, cause what is a gang without him? Or you go for what's most important to that leader; their family. In this case, it's his precious Astra. And you have easy access and a good motive. Elias was Luis's right hands man, and Vito took that away from this family and you."
    "I know all this," I say, crossing my arms. "But I don't think she knows anything." He grins evilly.
    "Even more reason why it should be easy."
    "I don't think so."
   ×××××××
               River's POV::

    "What's wrong?" I ask my parents ad they sit down in front of me. They look at each other awkwardly. "Will one of you speak already?" I snap, feeling all too anxious.
     "Your father and I are getting a divorce."
     "I thought we were going to ease into telling her, River?" His jaw clenches as hr looks as his tattooed hands. He looks sad...no, heartbroken. He looks over at her as she continues to explain things to me. Love, that's the only emotion that could be read with the way he's looking at her.
    "Divorce?" I ask, completely shocked. "But-Dad-"
    "It's a long story that neither of us are prepared to tell you," he says. I look down, not sure of what else to say. "I still love your mother with all my heart, it's just-"
    "Just what? If you love her so much why not keep trying?" I sound selfish, but I've seen my dad without mom. Last month she was extremely busy at the hospital for a week straight, would only come home to sleep them go back to work. He was a mess without her.
    "We have, it just got too complicated," she tells me.
    "Was there someone else?" They both shake their heads.
    "Sometimes in a relationship, you can be very much in love with your partner, but things get in the way and no matter how much you try and ignore those things, they keep getting in the way. This is just one of those situations." 
    ××××××××
    I lean against the door of my parents room, listening to their conversation. I don't understand how you can just get a divorce after so long. "Are you sure about this?" My dad asks my mom.
    "Yes, I can't do this anymore."          "I lov-"  
     "Don't do that. You don't."
    "I do, and I'm sorry you can't see that with everything going on. I'm trying my hardest to keep us together, our family together. I love you too much to just let you go."
    "Well it's what your gonna have to do." I start away from the door and walk outside, grabbing my coat and leaving for a walk.
   ×××××××
               Vito's POV::

      The sound of the house door closing makes us stop talking. River sits down, releasing a deep breath, wiping her tears away. I bend down and kiss her deeply. Her hands tangle in my hair.
    "That felt too real," she says against my lips.
   "Its for the best. I have to keep you guys safe," I tell her. She nods, running her fingers through her hair. So beautiful. Even after years of being together I can't get enough of her.
     "How long do you think until we can go back to normal?" She asks.
    "Soon, we just have to deal with the new leader. I'm sorry for all of this." She creases my face with her thumbs she cups my face in her small hands.
    "I signed up for this the moment I married you, so never be sorry."
   ×××××××
              Astra's POV::

    I sit down on the bench and take a deep breath. It feels good to be alone. I'm always either surrounded by my family or at school now. It feels good to alone. 
    "Fancy seeing you here," a deep and familiar voice says. I look up from my lap to see Zenith. Is he stalking me now? "You okay?"
    "I'm perfect," I snap. He chuckles, smirking while sitting down beside me. Can you just leave? "What do you want?"
    "Just to talk," he says. "Like I said earlier, you're the only one in this town that isn't afraid of me." His eyes scam over me, biting his lip. I wrap my arms around my body, but something about how he was looking at me sparked excitement and curiosity. "Your cute when your mad."
    "Excuse me?" I say harshly. He laughs again. 
    "Sorry, I thought out loud." Good one.
    "Its getting late, I should get back home." He stands with me. "What are you doing?" I ask.
    "Walking you home. You really think I would let you go alone at dark?" He says. "There are creeps and bad people out in the world." Something about how he said that seemed like there was more to it. There was a hint of danger and warning.
    "I know, I'm not that sheltered." He rolls his eyes. "I can defend myself, thank you though." I start walking down the sidewalk, hearing his heavy footsteps behind me. He grabs my arms, pinning them behind my back as he pulls me to his chest. I struggle against him before giving up.
    "You can defend yourself, huh?" He says with humor in his voice. He lets me go and gets in front of me. "I'm walking you."

    AN: Please comment and share! Believe in yourself -Vaeh