Epilogue

~Michael's POV~

It's been 3 years since me and Jeremy started dating, and we still were. Luckily, Jeremy and I both went to the same college, along with Rich and Jake. Christine, Jenna, Brooke and Chloe didn't live as close, so they all went to a different school. It was emotional when we all left each other, but we know we'll meet again in the future.

I was roommates with Rich, which was great cause we were best friends now, but Jeremy was basically always there too. Classes had just ended for both me and Rich, so we sat on our beds, playing video games. 

"You know, you and Jeremy have been dating for a while now, why don't you make a move?" Rich asked me.

"I might soon, but I'm not that confident that he'll say yes" I sighed, still keeping my eyes on the screen.

"Oh, of course he will! You've been dating for three years now, why wouldn't he?"

"I... I dunno, I'll do it soon"

"Do it while you can, you know, before the person you love is gone..." Rich muttered the second part, staring down at the floor with tears in his eyes.

Unfortunately, a few months ago, there was a school shooting in this college. It was stressful, and during the attack, they had shot Jake. It was devastating for all of us, especially Rich though, since they were dating and Rich was planning on proposing the next week. He hasn't moved on, though I can't blame him, they loved each other allot.

I quickly paused the game and went over to Rich's bed, comforting him as held his tears back. "He's still in your heart Rich, alright? No ones truly gone" I hugged him and rubbed circles on his back as he cried softly. This went on for a while, me comforting Rich as he let his feelings out, until he calmed down and pulled out of the hug.

"Thanks man" He smiled, wiping a couple tears away and sniffling.

"Anytime" I smiled before moving back to my bed. I truly felt terrible for Rich, it's especially hard to move on when you know the person still loved you. He resumed the game before I heard a knock on the door, so I got up and opened the door. I was expecting to see something there, but instead, I just saw a box.

I picked it up and headed towards my bed, intriguing Rich. "Hey Michael, who's it for?"Rich asked while sitting beside me on my bed. I shrugged and looked at the message written on it.

'To: Micha
From: Jer-Bear'

I chuckled at the nicknames he had written on the package. "It's for me, from Jeremy"

A smile spread across Rich's face. "Well, what are you waiting for? Open it!"

I stared to open the package, taking off the tape and opening the flaps. I looked into the box and saw a sushi plushie, making me laugh at how ridiculous the gift was. "Is that all?" Rich asked and I shook my head, there was a little note in the box. I picked it up and started to read it out loud.

'Level one,
Your favourite place to get sushi
Bring a bag'

"Well, what're you waiting for? Go!" He shoved me off the bed, probably more excited then I was.

"Okay, Okay, jeez!" I stood up went to my closet, finding my newer red sweater with a bunch of different patches on it and slipping it on. I grabbed a plastic bag and went through the door, waving at Rich as I left.