Chapter Twenty Six

~Michael's POV~

I laid on the ground, clutching my side as tears were falling down my cheeks and blood falling from my mouth.

Oh shush Michael, stop crying and clean up the blood
My Squip said with a roll of his eyes, making me feel even angrier then before.

"You know, you are not helping me at all! I ask you to help me get my family back together but you just let me get hurt!" I shouted, spotting a tissue box and going over to it. I wiped the blood from my face and stared at my Squip. "I should just get rid of you"

Now hold on, don't do that. Sure, I'm not able to help you get along with your dad but I can with your mom! And as for Jeremy, he doesn't love you!
As soon as he mentioned Jeremy, I froze.

"What do you mean? He loves me, he said it himself!"

Pfft, yeah right. Michael, he's been wanting to be with Christine ever since grade seven and when he finally gets her, you just have to confess! He doesn't love you, he's just pretending so he doesn't complete crush your soul! Give me one reason why he would love you!

"Um... well..." I tried to think of something but nothing came to mind, only things that he would hate about me.

You see? He won't ever truly love you! And on top of that, you always spill your problems out to him. You think he wants to deal with them? He doesn't have a mom, you know!
My Squip screamed at me, making me feel terrible. The worst part was, he was right. Jeremy didn't love me, did he? And I would always bother him wth my problems, I never asked him how he was doing. I was a terrible boyfriend.

But hold on Michael, there is a way and it's standing right here! Me! Sure, he doesn't love you right now but with my help, we can totally change you to make Jeremy like you! And you want to get revenge on your dad, don't you?

I hesitated for a second before nodding. After the way he treated me, I would have zero guilt for hurting him.

Well, I can help with that too! We can achieve everything I said on one condition, do you know what it is?

I tried to think of what he was talking about but nothing came to mind. "No...?"

You need to upgrade! If you upgrade, I can make you stronger, smarter and make Jeremy actually like you! Not only that but I can get your mom to come back and make everybody else your friends as well! What do you say?

I thought about it for a moment. I had promised myself not to give my Squip too much power, so I wasn't sure what to do. Surely this wasn't too bad, it was just a little upgrade, right? And nobody would know, he would get what he wanted and life would be great!

"I'll do it" I said with a firm nod, making a huge smile appear on his face.

Perfect. Now Michael, you will do exactly as I say. First order, no Mountain Dew Red at all.

I nodded as he walked across the library aimlessly.

Two, leave the library right now. The blood has already soaked into the carpet, so there's no point in trying to clean it.

I looked at the carpet for a second which had gone from beige to red before turning around to walk to the door but since the bookcase was blocking my view of the door, I hadn't noticed that Rich had been standing and watching me.

"Michael, what just happened?" He stared at me in concern then at the carpet, making me panic silently. I was trying to think of what to do and just as my Squip was about to say something, I ran. My side wasn't in too much pain, so I was able to run out of the school.