Chapter Ten

~Jeremy's POV~

I didn't know how I didn't realize it before, his Squip had taken my form. I held onto the Mountain Dew Red as he shuffled a bit away from me. "Michael, that's not the real me. If you keep your Squip, you'll really be hurting me. Please, drink the Mountain Dew Red" I offered it to him again and after looked at me worriedly, he slowly took it.

He brought it closer to his mouth, his hands shaking and then he suddenly stopped. I assumed he was listening to his Squip, or... me because a couple seconds later he spoke up, much angrier than before. "You're not the real Jeremy" He growled and chugged the Mountain Dew Red, for real this time.

He let out a loud yell and covered his ears, just like I had before. A bunch of doctors ran in the room, one of them running to me. "What's going on?" The doctor stared at Michael as he continued to scream.

"He took something called a Squip and now he's getting it out of his brain..." I felt my eyes tearing up as I saw him go through the pain I did once before.

"A Squip? Is that the pill that implants in your brain?" He asked me as doctors tried to calm his down and ask him questions with no avail

I nodded my head slowly as Michael stopped screaming and dropped his hands on the bed. I shook his arm gently, carful not to hurt him. "Michael?"

His eyes were closed for a minute or so before they fluttered open again, me and many doctors surrounding him. "You alright Michael?"

"Yeah" His voice was raspy and weak without the Squip, his body looked even weaker than before. I wanted to say something, but a doctor pushed me aside.

"Sorry sir, we're going to have to ask you to leave. You can come back tomorrow at visiting hours, we need to check on his mental and physical health" I caught a glimpse of Michael as the doctor shoved me, he looked worried and terrified as the doctors asked him many more questions.

"Please make sure he's alright" I said as he nodded and closed the door on my face. I sighed and started walking out of the house, not in the mood for anything at the moment.

I headed over to my house, kicking rocks on the way. Suddenly, I heard my cell phone ring and I picked up. "Hello?"

"Hey tall ass, did you find Michael?" I heard Rich speak from the other side

"Ya, I did but he's in the hospital" I heard dead silence afterwards until Jake spoke up

"Because of the Squip or something else?"

"Both, let me explain" I explained how he 'drank' the Mountain Dew Red, how his dad hurt him, how he hurt himself and when I was in the hospital and I realized that I was his Squip. As I was explaining, I opened the door to my house and headed upstairs to my room.

"How long is he going to be in the hospital?" Rich spoke up again

"Not sure but after the Squip outburst, I'm guessing longer than before"

"Are you going to go to school tomorrow?" I hadn't thought about that, would I be able to stay with Michael? I figured I would go to Michael straight after school, I'm not sure if they would let me see him so soon after what happened.

"Yeah, not sure if he'd be getting visitors so soon after what just happened, but I'm going to go after school" I flopped onto my bed while talking, too lazy to move.

"Well, could we come? I wanna talk about something with Michael" Rich asked me

"You don't need my permission but definitely!" I smiled and replied