Chapter Twenty Three

~Jeremy's POV~

I ran behind Michael, trying to keep up with him at the speed he was going about. I eventually caught up to him and grabbed his arm, making him turn around. He was about to say something when I crashed my lips onto his, holding him tightly. He melted into the kiss, both of us not caring if anybody saw us. I pulled away and saw his face tinted pink as I put my hand on his cheek.

"Michael, look, I know your having a tough time and I'm truly sorry I never helped you. But I promise you, we'll get through this together. I'll always be here for you no matter what happens, whether you get hurt physically or emotionally. I love you more then you know Michael, never forget that" I said in a hushed tone, seeming to comfort Michael. "I know you want to fix your family, but sometimes it's better if their apart. You don't want your mom to get hurt, would you?" He shook his head quickly. "Then it's a good thing their apart. If we call the police and tell them what's been going on, I'm sure you'll be safe"

"B-but where would I g-go? I can't live w-with you! A-and I cant take c-care of myself!"His voice was wavering like he wanted to cry but he didn't, he was holding his tears back.

"I'm sure if I explain the situation you're in to my dad, he'll let you stay as long as you like. And if your dad is gone, your mom might come back. Trust me, it's the right thing to do" I paused to see his reaction, he just stared at the floor. "Michael, we need to call the police, okay?" He nodded hesitantly as I took his hand, squeezing it tightly before pulling out my phone.

"W-wait" Michael held my hand, stopping me from dialling in the number "A-Are we going to g-go his house?" I shook my head quickly.

"No Micha, he'll only hurt you again. But if you really want, we can go with the police, alright?" He nodded again and I gave him a little kiss on the cheek before looking back at my phone and dialling 911.

"911, what's your emergency?"

I explained Michael's situation to the girl on the phone and about halfway through, I noticed that Michael was extremely uncomfortable so I took his hand and squeezed it tightly, making him smile. Once I finished explaining, I told her Michael's address.

"Alright, we'll send some police over to his address. If you boys would prefer to stay at home, that's alright, we'll take care of everything. We'll contact you when his father is taken away

"Okay, thank you"

"No problem"

I ended the call, leaving Michael standing there beside me, slightly confused. "Michael, do you still want to go to his house?" He hesitated for a moment before shaking his head, making me smile. "Alright, let's go home, it's been a long day"

I was still holding his hand as we turned back to go to my house. We walked in a comfortable silence, Michael leaning his head on my shoulder. I was wondering how Michael had found out about his parents divorce, I hope that someone was there for him when he did. I hadn't even realized it, but we were already at my house. I grabbed my keys from my pocket and opened the door, hearing distant police sirens crossing through the streets.

I shut the door behind us as Michael took off his shoes and set his bag near his shoes. I waved at my dad as Michael and I headed upstairs. We went into my room and I threw my bag onto my bed as Michael fell onto the beanbag. I had allot of questions for him, but I could tell he wasn't in the mood for complicated questions.

"So Michael, are you going to try out for the musical?" I asked him, going to turn on the game console before sitting beside him.

"Well, it depends, I'm not the best at singing, but I really wanna play as Jared" He chuckled lightly and grabbed a controller. "Are you gonna try out?"

"Well, yeah! I'm going to audition to be Evan since Christine said I have a good shot at playing him" I said as I also grabbed a controller.

"That's awesome! And you'll ace the singing as well!" I felt my cheeks heat up at the compliment as Apocalypse Of The Damned came up on the screen. Michael chose player 1 and I chose player two, starting up the game. We would always start from the beginning so that we were ready when we reached level nine. We played level nine over and over and over again, every time getting a bit closer until we saw 'You Win' pop up on the screen, both of us staring at it in shock before cheering.

"We finally did it!" I cheered out, Michael nodding vigorously. I looked back at the screen and saw the next level, both of us extremely hyped to start the next level.

-

Michael groaned and fell back on the beanbag making me do the same. "This sucks! We beat level nine, now we can't get passed level ten!" Michael spoke up as I turned my head to look outside the window. The sky was dark and the stars were out, it looked beautiful.

"Micha, you wanna go to the park?" I asked before turning back to him, smiling at the one thing more beautiful then the night sky.

"Sure Jer-Bear, why not?" He smiled back and stood up, turning off the game console and putting his controller away. "But don't you dare do one of those terrible pick-up lines that everyone does!"

"Aw, I had a really good one too! Please just let me do one?" I whined, standing up and putting my controller away as well.

"Fiiiine" He groaned, walking outside the room with me right beside him. "But just one!"

"Yeah sure, don't worry Micha" We walked down the stairs and headed towards the door, putting on our shoes and heading out towards the park.

Okay, haven't done one of these in a while, so here you go!

Christine: I'm happy for them! Sure, I loved Jeremy before but now we're just friends and I like it like that! And as for your other question, maybe their is, maybe their isn't, only I will know! The only thing I'll say is that she is a girl!

Jared/The Squip: No, I do not. I am not literally Jared, I only take his form so that Michael won't freak out.