Chapter Seven

~Michael's POV~

"You love me!?" Jeremy screamed, making everyone in the halls stare at us
"Y-yes, I h-have since-" Jeremy interrupted me angrily

"Well, why don't you go just away? Why would I ever want to hang out with a loser like you?" He shoved me and I fell backwards, tears falling down my face like waterfall.

"W-we've known e-each other since k-kindergarten!"

"Oh, you think I actually wanted to hang out with you? And now that you confessed? There's no way I'll ever love you, you're more of loser than before" He kicked me in the stomach and Christine came over, resting her head on his shoulder, smiling as well

"I have never loved you and never will!" He gave me a deadly stare and I continued to bawl my eyes out on the floor. I felt the ground shaking beneath me and it kept on shaking until I heard a familiar voice"

"Michael! Wake up!" I opened my eyes and jolted back, thinking it was Jeremy.

"G-get away from m-me Jeremy!" I was still crying, the terrible nightmare still in my head.

"Jeremy? Hey, calm down, it's me, Rich" I was breathing heavily and reached for my glasses. I put them on and saw that it was Rich with a concerned look on his face.

"Rich? Jeez, I'm sorry. I must look like such a idiot right now..." I turned away from him and saw Jake on the other side of me with a concerned look on his face as well.

"No, we all have nightmares, don't worry" Rich smiled at me and I smiled back "We just needed to wake you up, it's already 7:00!" I darted up and realized they were both changed and ready to go. I rushed downstairs and grabbed a different set of clothing from my bag, making sure that it was a long sleeved shirt. I went into the bathroom and changed my clothes quickly, rushing back to them as quickly as possible.

"I'm ready to go!" I panted and as Jake chuckled.

"Well, that was quick!" Jake said and Rich chuckled as well.

"Alright, lets get going then!" Rich said and we all headed downstairs.

"Do you wanna grab something quick to eat?" To be honest, I was starving and my stomach hurt, but that's what I wanted to happen.

"No, I'm not hungry, thanks" I gave him a smile as Jake opened the door.

"Okay, lets go then!" Jake called to us and we all walked out. He shut and locked the door behind us as we started to walk. For some strange reason, I got a idea out of no where.

"Rich, can I ask you a question?" I said, staring at the pathway in front of all of us.

"Sure" He responded

"Do you know if squips still exist? Did they get rid of all of them?"

"No, they probably still sell them but they're hard to find, why'd you ask?" I kept my eyes on the pathway and stared to speed up my pace.

"No reason" I turned my head back and flashed them a smile before running off. Instead of going to school though, I headed down the path towards the mall...

~Jeremy's POV~

I headed towards the cafeteria as the lunch bell rang. I scanned the cafeteria for Michael but instead saw Christine. Honestly, I didn't want to spend time with anyone but Michael right now, I was concerned for him and I just wanted to talk with him for once. I felt like we had become more distant recently and I didn't want to lose touch with him.

My thoughts were interrupted by Christine tackling me in a hug, giggling like crazy. I let out a half-hearted chuckle and kept looking around. Instead of Michael, I saw Rich and Jake rushing over to me.

"Hey Jeremy! Have you seen Michael around?" Jake asked me and I immediately pushed Christine aside.

"No, what happened?" I felt worry fill my body once again.

"Well, we were walking to school and then he asked me about squips and then ran off! You don't think he got one of his own?" Rich said, almost out of breath.

"I... I don't know! We need to go and find him!" I rushed out of the cafeteria with Rich, Jake and Christine. We were running through the halls before I bumped into someone.

"What's going one here?" I looked up and saw that I had bumped into Chloe, Brooke and Jenna standing behind her.

"We're trying so see if we can find Michael, we think he might want to get a squip of his own!" I walked past them and they started to follow the group.

"Well, we'll help you guys then!" Brooke looked over at Chloe and Jenna and they nodded. We all rushed around of the school, people looking at us strangely as we left the checked throughout the whole school. The bell for the end of lunch had rung, which meant that we had spent at least an hour looking for Michael.

"I'm going to skip school and try to find him. Who's coming with me?" I asked them and they all looked away from me, except for Rich and Jake.

"We can go check the mall, see if he's still there" Rich spoke up and Jake nodded.

"Alright, I'll check his house then. Anybody else?" I looked over at the girls.

"Sorry Jer, we'll help you after school, don't worry. I love you" Christine said and gave me a kiss on the cheek. It honestly upset me that she said she loved me, but didn't care the tiniest bit about Michael.

"C'mon guys, lets go find Michael" I stormed away from Christine with Rich and Jake behind me. They left to go and check to mall and I left to go to his house. I was sure that he wasn't going to be there because of his whole dad situation, but on the way there I remembered that we would go to his house every other Wednesday, so his dad must be away.

I neared his house and I faint screaming coming from inside. 'Michael must have just gotten his squip!' I thought. I ran to the door and tried to open it, but it was locked. Luckily, we gave each other spare keys for our homes incase we needed to get in. I got out my spare key and unlocked the door.

"Michael? Michael, where are you?" I heard faint talking coming from downstairs and ran down. While I was running, I pulled out a bottle of Mountain Dew Red from my bag from when Michael had given me a spare just incase I needed it.
I got downstairs and saw Michael talking to himself with a bottle of Mountain Dew beside him.

"Michael!"