Chapter Seventeen

~Michael's POV~

"What do you mean?" He kept his eyes on the screen as I felt my body tense up.

"I mean, I asked you this before" He paused the game and looked at me while I just stared at the screen. "When you were limping. I saw you limp the whole time we were at Rich's house, I didn't say anything though because I know you wanted to wait until after. So, I ask you again, why are you lying?"

I stared at the screen for a while until I finally got the confidence to mumble. "I don't wanna go to the hospital again" I mumbled before playing the game, killing zombies all around. Suddenly, the game froze again and Jeremy spoke up.

"Michael, we need to have a serious talk" I didn't look at him but instead, he turned my face towards him. "I know we keep having these talks, I know you don't like them but these could all be avoided if you just tell me what going on. And after this, we're going the check to see if your leg is okay which I'm pretty sure it's not"

"It's not that bad! If I broke it, I wouldn't be able to walk at all, it'll go away on a few days. And besides, I don't wanna go to the hospital again, it's so boring and dreary, I just wanna live a normal, happy life" He sighed and shook his head.

"We need to go and we will go, whether you like it or not. It's for your own health" I sighed, knowing there was no winning with Jeremy. "Now, what' the whole thing about your nightmares, what're they about?"

"Why do you want to know?" I looked away until he put his hand on mine, making me look back sadly.

"I want to help you Michael, please" I sighed and he held my hand tightly.

"The first time, you had left me when I confessed. The second time, my dad tried to hurt you as you k-kissed Christine. The third time. everybody w-was out to get me, calling me a l-loser. The fourth time, you were h-hurting me physically and emotionally, j-just like my dad. The fifth time..." I just realized I had started to cry and silently cursed at myself, annoyed that I was such a crybaby.

"The-The fifth t-time I saw m-my-" I felt a small buzz go through my body, making me unable to talk about my Squip. I guess he was getting more powerful, able to control more of me.

"What happened the fifth time? Micha, do you still have a Squip?" I guess he had noticed the buzz as I shook my head quickly and tried to explain.

"N-no, but he's somehow i-in my dreams a-and he can talk t-to me. He s-says I need to have Mountain Dew t-to bring him back, h-he told me that you d-didn't really love me" I stared at the floor when I felt Jeremy hugging me. I slowly hugged back, smiling as he held me tight in his arms.

"I love you so much, don't believe your Squip. If you do get the Mountain Dew, your Squip will be able to control all of you, your Squip will try to take over the whole school. I will always love you, I'll always be heere for you" I let out a light chuckle at the pun, making Jeremy smile.

"Well, you ruined the mood, thanks allot Jer-Bear" He pulled out of the hug and gave me a wide smile, making me beam.

"No problem Micha" I groaned at the nickname, making him laugh.

"Stop calling me that!" I whined as I fell back on the beanbag. I saw his face overtop of mine as he 'booped' my nose. I chuckled before I felt his lips on mine. It was a short but sweet kiss. He moved his face as I sat up, both of us blushing madly.

"No but seriously, we gotta get you to the hospital to check your leg" I whined and fell back on my bean bag again, not wanting to go. "Get up Michael, let's go"

"I don't wanna go!" I dragged out 'go' as Jeremy turned off the console, making me frown.

"I'm going to drag you there if you don't get up" I snorted at the thought of Jeremy picking me up and taking me to the hospital when I felt two arms wrap around me and lift me up.

"Hey! Put me down!" He put me on his shoulder, which was really uncomfortable, as I kicked my legs. "If your going to lift me up, at least make it a piggy back ride!" He sighed and rolled his eyes, setting me down.

"C'mon, get on" He crouched down so I could climb on his back. Once I did, I felt so tall. I laughed at the sight of Jeremy struggling to carry me as we left the house.

"If your tired, I can walk" I offered to get off his back but he shook his head.

"No you can't, I'm going to carry you. Now, where's your car keys and car?" I tried to remember where I had last left my car and my car keys.

"My car keys are in my bag, my car is still at m-er, dad's house" I looked down sadly at Jeremy but he kept a strong face.

"We'll get your car keys first and then we'll get your car together. This time, I promise you won't get hurt" I smiled as I rested my head on his head, Jeremy walking back inside. He found my bag and looked around for a while before finding my car keys. He walked out and headed towards my house. "So, how do you know your Squip is real? Like, it could just be a dream"

"That's what I thought! Then he said that he would send a shock through my body in the morning if he was real and sure enough, I felt a shock"

"How come it came back? I've never had my Squip come back in my dreams. Well, I have but he wasn't real, you know?"

"Yeah, I know what you mean. He said it was because of my constant thinking about the Squip, he was able to stay in my dreams"

"Why were you constantly thinking about your Squip?"

"I..." I paused for a moment before speaking up again "I was thinking of getting another one. But don't worry, I don't want one anymore"

"You're not lying?"

"No, I promise" I smiled when he nodded his head but that smile quickly faded when we neared my house, memories filling my head. I guess Jeremy noticed because he squeezed my hand tightly.

"Don't worry, I'm here" He smiled and I nodded. Luckily, the garage door was open so we quickly slipped in the garage and saw my PT Cruiser. I unlocked the door and he set me down so I could get in the driver's seat. I started the car and backed out of the garage, a wave of relief going over me.

"Well, I think that we should go to the nearby store to get-" Jeremy stared at me when I said that

"Hospital. Now." He gave me a death glare as I sighed and drove towards the hospital.

-

"Your leg isn't broken but your leg is still injured. For a couple days, you'll need to use crutches so you don't apply to much pressure to your left leg" The doctor told me and I groaned, not wanting to use crutches.

"When will my leg get better?"

"The longest it will take is five days and the shortest it'll take is three days if you don't apply to much pressure and use your crutches." I sighed as they handed my crutches to me and I tried to use them. They weren't as hard as I thought it would be but it would take a while to get used to it. I walked out the room with my crutches and saw Jeremy who smiled as soon as he saw me. He looked down at my crutches and then saw how much I didn't want them and sighed.

"How long do you have to keep them for?"

"Maximum five days if I use my crutches properly"

"At least it's not that long, you'll be better soon" He kissed me on the cheek as I walked back to the car and put my crutches aside. I turned on the engine and drove back to Jeremy's house, extremely annoyed that I had crutches now. I stopped in front of his garage and both of us got out. Before I closed the door, I grabbed my crutches and put them under my arms while Jeremy got my bag. Jeremy unlocked the door and both of us went back up to his room. I was much slower that him since I had no clue how to go up stairs using crutches but I eventually got upstairs.

"So, now what?" I asked as I went into Jeremy's room, setting my crutches aside as I sat down on the bean bag.

"Well, I was wondering, m-maybe you wanna go on a d-date?"