Chapter Twenty

~Michael's POV~

I slowly opened my eyes to a beeping sound blaring in my ear. I groaned and turned to the alarm, reaching my arm out to turn it off. The annoying beeping stopped as I turned back to Jeremy, getting some more sleep.

"Michael, all you need is one sip of Mountain and Ill be able to help you, not with Jeremy since you seem to have that going great, but with your parents. Now Michael, wake up!"

I felt someone shaking me lightly and I groaned, I just wanted to sleep! Is that too much to ask?

"Michael, were going to be late!" Jeremy shook me again, making me sit up. He was worse then alarm clock, you couldn't turn him off when you wanted to sleEP JEEZ.

"But I want to stay heere!" I groaned, standing up but putting all my weight on the right side so my leg wouldn't be in pain. I went looking through my bag to find some clothing for school. In response to my wonderful pun, I heard a bunch of laughter coming from behind me. I chuckled as I picked out some clothing, looking back at Jeremy and realizing he was ready.

"You seem like you're in a good enough mood to make puns. You have a good night sleep?" I remembered my 'dream' and chuckled a bit, remembering how my Squip turned into, of all people, Jared.

"Yup, great. Jared Kleinman was in it!" It wasn't completely a lie, he was in my dream, but it wasn't necessarily a good dream.

"Cool! Well, change quickly, we got to go, we're going to be late!" I nodded and slipped into the bathroom. I changed quickly and ran my fingers through my hair, bursting the door open.

"I'm ready!" I called out and grabbed my bag, dumping all of the non-school related stuff on the ground and putting my backpack on my bag.

"Lets go then!" He grabbed my hand and ran out of the room, dragging me out of the room. I hissed when I felt my leg hit the ground hard since I was not expecting that, Jeremy immediately letting go of my hand. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry! I totally forgot, here!" He handed me my crutches and I immediately put them under my arms, lifting my leg up.

"Don't worry 'bout it" I smiled and we walked down the stairs, Jeremy helping me down. Once we got down, I saw a waffle on the counter and quickly grabbed it. We went as fast as we could towards the door, putting on our shoes.

"Bye Dad!" Jeremy called out before closing the door behind us, the waffle in my mouth. I suddenly felt my phone buzz, unsure of why it did though. I ignored it and we continued to walk down the path, going as fast as I could with my crutches. "So, Micha, if anybody asks how you injured your leg, what're we going to say?"

"That I was climbing a tree and I fell, that's all" I chuckled a bit when I realized that this was just like Dear Evan Hansen.

"Alright, sure. Well, we're here!" I saw the school as we walked and we both walked in, a couple students giving me sympathetic looks. I walked to my locker and Jeremy followed behind me even though his locker was in a completely  different place. "Lucky we aren't late. You going to be fine?"

"Yes, Ill be fine, stop worrying so much" I rolled my eyes and chuckled, Jeremy smiling as well.

"Okay, I guess I'll see you later, bye Micha!" He kissed me on the cheek and walked off, leaving me flustered. I smiled and unlocked my locker, grabbing everything that I left in there and needed now. When I closed my locker, I was surprised to see Rich and Jake standing their, a bit worried

"Oh hey guys, how are you?" I asked them with a smile, Rich smiling back.

"Pretty great, but what in the world happened with your leg?" Jake responded, staring at my crutches. "Did you get caught in a fire trying to save the love of your life?" He said smoothly, making Rich blush.