Chapter Twenty Five

T/W: Blood

~Michael's POV~

It was a couple days after the auditions, two more days until the weekend, and I was  waiting for the audition results to be put up. I would check the bulletin board everyday to see if the sheet would be up, but it never would be.

Today, Jeremy had left before me for some reason, so I was walking all alone. I yawned as I held the straps of my bags, enjoying the silence. That is, until my Squip went and ruined that.

Michael, you didn't do your homework as I told you.
I groaned, I didn't really care about the marks I got now that I wouldn't get hurt for getting bad marks

'I don't need to, It was too hard anyways'
I thought, I was approaching school as I got a thought.
'Hey, you aren't doing what I asked you to do!'

I can't fix your family with a snap, I don't work like that. You're going to have to listen to me and only me. If your mom is gone and your dad is in jail, I can't do anything until you go and see them.

I sighed, he was right. I wasn't making an effort to do anything to fix my family, I needed to start on that. I was in my own world as I walked towards my locker but my focus was quickly shifted over to a crowd of people surrounding the bulletin board.

I quickly walked over to the crowd, trying to see what they were surrounding. I shoved my way to the front and I finally saw what they were looking it at; it was the audition results.

I looked down the list and almost screamed when I saw my name beside Jared's. I kept looking through the list, basically all of our friends got the part they wanted! Jeremy got Evan, Rich got Connor (which honestly surprised me), Christine got Zoey and Jenna got Alana.

I bounced up and down and twirled out of the crowd, excited that I had got the part. I was also happy that Jeremy got Evan which meant we got to speak with each other but that's when I realized that since Christine was Zoey, Jeremy would have to kiss her.

I furrowed my eye brows, I did not like the thought of that. Still, I was extremely excited that I had gotten the part, the one weird thing was that my Squip was Jared, maybe he could change forms.

-

I was half asleep in class, too tired to listen to what the teacher had to say. I suddenly felt a strong shock go through my body, making me jump up in pain. I stared at my Squip who just gave me a smug face. I was about to fall asleep again when the bell rung throughout the school.

I jumped up at the sound and shoved everything I was using into my backpack. I walked out of the class and quickly rushed to Jeremy's locker, where we normally met after school.

Students passed as I stayed at his locker, waiting and waiting for him to show up. Eventually, everybody left the school and I was left alone at Jeremy's locker.

You got to go Michael, he's probably already home.

'What if he's not? What if something happened to him?'

Check his house first to see if he's there and if he's not, then we'll search the school.

I sighed and shoved my hands in my pocket. I started to walk, a bit confused that Jeremy wasn't here. He didn't text me or anything either, he just wasn't here. I plugged my headphone plug into my phone and put on my headphones, bobbing my head to the music. I started to walk down the path to Jeremy's house, getting lost in the music.

I heard the music quiet down for a second then return to its normal volume, meaning that I had gotten a message. I pulled out my phone and checked my messages, it was none other then Jeremy.

Player Two ❤️💖❤️ - Hey Micha, sorry I left so early and didn't come to my locker, I-

I bumped into someone while reading the text, making me fall over and make my headphone drop down the my neck. "Oh, sorry, I didn't me-" I stopped speaking when I saw who I had bumped into.

'HOLY SHIT WHAT DO I DO?!'

I would suggest running for it, but you said you wanted to fix your family, so try to talk to him.

"You should be sorry, you're the one who put me in jail!" My dad said, his hands clenched into a fist.

"H-how did you get out?" I asked, trying to sound confident as I stood back up.

"I have a few friends that helped me out, no thanks to you." He scoffed, going a bit closer to me. "And guess who's fault it is that I was in jail?"

I was about to speak up when I was interrupted by a fist to my face, making me fall back again. I started to immediately regret staying here, my dad hated me too much, I couldn't help him. I put my hand to my mouth and looked at my hand, it was covered in blood.

He kicked me in the stomach and punched me again, making me clutch my side. I had to get out of here so I kicked him in the crotch, giving me a chance to run away. I stood up and ran back to the school, knowing that if I went to Jeremy's home, he would follow me and hurt Jeremy if he was there.

I ran and ran as fast as I could, not as hard since my Squip made me stronger. I didn't want to go in the bathroom, just in case someone was in there, so I went towards the library door. It was normally locked but luckily for me, it was unlocked today and nobody was ever in there.

I collapsed to the floor, trying to catch my breath as I saw the blood stain on the carpet