Chapter One

A/N: Hey people! Just saying, this is a couple weeks after the whole SQUIP situation.

AND before this story starts, please be advised that this story was released BEFORE it was announced Michael had two moms, so please don't comment hatefully on that. (like seriously people are still doing it, y'all please read this)

~Michael's POV~

I woke up to the sound of beeping from my phone. I groaned and sat up, rubbing my eye as the alarm continued to beep. I grabbed my phone and turned off the alarm, checking the time at the same time.

It was 6:30, so I had plenty of time before school started. I put my phone away and stood up, yawning. I grabbed my glasses and put them on. I walked towards my drawers and opened one, rummaging through my clothes to find something good to wear.

I finally put on pair of black jeans and of course, I put on my signature red sweatshirt. I grabbed my phone and stuffed it in my front pocket of my sweater. I quickly ran my hand through my hair, trying to push it back a bit so that it looked nicer for school.

I felt my phone buzz and took it out of my pocket to check to see what caused it to buzz. It was none other than my best friend in the whole wide world, Jeremy Heere.

Player Two - Hey Michael!

I immediately texted back while walking down the stairs, careful not to trip as I did.

Player One - Hey Jer! What's up?

Player Two - I'm just getting ready for school, you?

Player One - I just woke up. Do you wanna come over to my house? We still have a heck ton of time left.

Player Two - And by that you mean twenty minutes?

Player One - Ya, but we can still walk to school together after!

Player Two - Okay, I'll be there in a few

I smiled and turned off my phone, shoving it back in my pocket. I walked into the kitchen and realized mom wasn't awake yet and my dad had already left for work, so it was dead silent. I felt calmer when it was silent, so I hummed a tune while preparing some cereal until I heard a knock on the door.

I immediately put my cereal away and ran over to the door to open it. I swung it open and I saw Jeremey with a huge smile on his face "Hey Michael!"

~Jeremy's POV~

"Hey Michael!" I gave him a little wave while he gestured for me to come in "Hey man! Didja eat at home?" Michael walked into the kitchen, picked his cereal up and threw himself onto the couch. I threw my bag near the door and followed after him

"Nope, what do you have?" I was always at his house, so it was pretty normal for me to eat at his place.

"Cereal, tons of cereal. Oh, and I can make eggs if ya want" He said with his mouth full of food.

"You know how to make eggs?" I said in mock surprised tone, reaching out for some cereal as I spoke.

"Yes, I'm not that terrible at cooking, thank you very much" He chuckled and got up, putting his empty bowl in the sink. Then he walked over to me and 'accidentally' tripped me, causing the cereal to spill everywhere

"Oops, my mistake" He put on the most innocent face ever, pretending he did absolutely nothing.

I rolled my eyes and got up. "If you think I'm cleaning that up, you're mistaken!"

"Well, you do want to eat don't you?" He picked up the cereal box from the floor and poured cereal and some milk on top. He slid the bowl across the counter, right into my hands.

"Here ya go" He gave me an adorably heart-warming smile and went on his knees to go clean the cereal up. "Hey Jer, how much time do we have left?"

"Um..." I looked down at my watch and checked the time "We have 5 minutes" Michael immediately got up from the floor and ran off upstairs.

"Michael! Where are you going?" I got no response, beside a bunch of footsteps. I was about to get up but then Michael came running down the stairs with his bag

"What was that all about?" I ask while starting to eat my cereal.

"I was just grabbing my bag, no need to worry" He chuckled and set his bag down near the door, beside mine. He ran back over to the couch and jumped on the couch face-first.

I finished up my cereal and put the bowl in the sink and went to get my bag. "You ready?"

"You said we had five minutes!" Michael whined and rolled over, his arm dangling off of the couch

"I did, but we should head out early! Just in case we take longer to walk" I put my backpack over my shoulders and walked over to Michael. "C'mon, get up"

"Noooooo" Michael whined and waved at me dismissively at me

"I'll lift you up if you don't get up" I crouched down and Michael chuckled

"You can't lift me! You can't even drag me anywhere!" He stuck out his tongue at me and I stood up. I grabbed his hand with both of mine and started to drag him off the couch "Hey!" I saw his face redden as mine did as well. He fell off the couch and I dragged him across the floor, panting as I went.

"You're... so... heavy!" I whined and he giggled. I finally got to the door and let go of his hand. "Get up Michael!"

"Nope " He replied, staring at the ceiling as his blushing stopped slowly.

"Fine, I'll leave without you then!" I put my hands on the straps of the bag and started to open the door.

"You wouldn't!" He gasped, putting his hand on his chest, pretending to be offended.

"Goodbye Michael" I giggled and walked out of the house, closing the door behind me. "Wait Jer!" I heard from the other side. I stayed there and waited for a couple seconds until I heard shuffling from the other side. The door opened and a grumpy Michael walked out with his bag on his back.

"I thought you were never going to come" I chuckled as we started to walk.

"Well, here I am!" He threw his hands up in the air, making jazz hands.

I checked my watch and saw that we had two minutes left "Great, now we're going to be late! C'mon!" I grabbed his hand and started to run.

What a great way to start a Monday...

A/N: So, this is my first book. I'm open to suggestions, feel free to suggest anything or give me constructive criticism. Thanks!