Chapter Fifteen

~Michael's POV~

I knew he would say that and took a deep breath, Jake giving me thumbs up in the background.

"I-I have a c-crush on..." I turned to Jeremy, his smile so bright and beautiful as I felt my cheeks burn like crazy. I suddenly remembered the nightmares I had before and felt nervousness fill my body. "...J-Jeremy..." Jeremy changed from smiling to being shocked, worrying me a bit

"You love me?" He finally spoke up, giving me flashbacks of the nightmare I had before. He had said the exact same words, he was going to do the exact same thing. "I-I need to go to the b-bathroom" I said and ran to the nearest bathroom, ignoring Jeremy's calls for me to come back.

I ran in the bathroom, my leg still hurting like hell and slammed the door shut, sobbing as soon as it was closed. I knew he wouldn't like me, I knew he wouldn't want to be my friend. I wish I offed myself instead, I wish I was never born!

I got that same feeling of when Jeremy had abandoned me before, making me curl up and sob even more. I stayed in a ball, thinking about everything that was terrible about me until I heard a knock on the door.

"Michael?" I heard a soft voice say, opening the door. I stopped crying for a second and looked up and saw Jeremy, speaking in a genuinely concerned tone. "Michael, why did you leave like that?"

I didn't respond, I just continued to cry. "All I wanted to know is if you really love me, do you?" He spoke in a calm and gentle voice, careful not to startle me. I stood up and limped back to the room, no more tears falling down from my face. "Michael, please!" He grabbed my hand and turned me around in front of everyone. I took a breath and nodded, knowing that even if I didn't he would have already known without me saying yes. Before he could say anything, I started to spill my heart out.

"I have since I met you, I finally realized that I saw you as more of a friend at grade five but I denied it. Once I got into grave seven though, I realized I really did love you as more than a friend, I was just too afraid to admit it. I never wanted you to leave my side, I wanted you to be happy even if that meant putting my problems aside. Every time I saw you with Christine my heart would break but I wanted you to be happy, so I pushed away my problems so that you would be happy. I kept having nightmares that if I ever told you, you would abandon me, you would hate me forever. I never wanted to loose you, I didn't want to loose that amazing smile that cheered me up everyday. I love everything about you, even the things you hate about yourself. I just didn't know what to say and I know you don't feel the same and-" I felt his hands on my cheeks and he turned my head back to him, our lips almost touching.

"Michael, I love you too" He whispered to me, smiling. I immediately filled the space between us, kissing him like there was no tomorrow. His lips were so soft and blissful, so heavenly. We stayed like this for a while, ignoring everybody around us. At last we pulled apart so we could breathe, finally hearing all the cheers coming from around us.

He giggled and blushed madly, my cheeks hot as hell. I quickly kissed him on the cheek and intertwined our fingers, making both of us smile. I couldn't believe it, he was mine. He was actually mine! I sat down with him, Jeremy adjusting my glasses with his other hand.

"Wooooo! Boyf riends for liiife!" Rich screamed, pausing between 'boyf' and 'riends'. I was confused at first but remembered what he had written on our backpacks, slightly chuckling.