Chapter Two

~Michaels POV~

"C'mon!" Jeremy grabbed my hand and started to run as I felt my face heat up again. It was alright though, he's completely oblivious. He had no clue that I have the biggest crush on him since we met.

"How are you so full of energy? I'm exhausted!" I ran along with him, my face still red.

"I'm always full of energy!" He giggled as we continued to run. After a minute, we were nearing the school.

"Can we stop now? I see the school right there!" I was out of breath as Jeremy slowed down a bit since we could see the school

"We can't stop, we're going to be late if we do!" He let go of my hand and ran faster, leaving me behind

"Wait up Jeremy!" I stopped for a second before running again to catch up to Jeremy. He ran into the school as I tripped near the school steps. I sighed and stood up again, brushing off any dust that I may have picked up. I walked in and went to see if Jeremy was at his locker, but instead saw him with Christine at her locker.

Jeremy and Christine had been dating after the whole SQUIP incident and I couldn't help but feel envious. I shoved my feeling aside though and walked to my locker, a couple lockers down from Christine's locker.

I grabbed my headphones from my bag and put them over my ears. I plugged it into my phone and played some music while opening my locker and grabbing my binder, getting ready for my first class.

I looked over at Jeremy and hoped he would see me waving at me, but he didn't notice since he was too busy talking with Christine. I sighed and held my binder tightly to my chest and walked off the class as the bell rung throughout the school

-

I heard the bell ring for lunch as I came back with some sushi and walked into the school. I walked over to the cafeteria and saw Jeremy. I smiled and went to go talk to him when I saw Christine running towards him. She hugged him and pecked him on the cheek. They both smiled as I sighed and sat down at a empty table. I took out my sushi and poked at it, not in the mood to eat.

"Hey! You're Michael, right?" I looked up from my food and saw two boys, one taller and one much shorter than the other. I nodded and they sat down on the opposite side of the table. I recognized them, they were two of the popular boys that Jeremy would hang out with.

"Jeremy said he wanted some alone time with Christine, so we thought we should get to know his best friend" The taller one said, getting out his lunch.

"I'm Jake and this is Rich." The taller o-er, Jake told me. He held his hand out for me to shake and I shook it with a smile on my face.

Even though Jake was shaking my hand, all my focus was on Jeremy. I saw him and Christine flirting and I immediately felt worse. Apparently, it was noticeable because Rich looked over in Jeremy's direction as Jake let go of my hand.

"Does somebody have a crush?" He said with a smirk, looking back at me as I felt my cheeks heat up again.

"What!? N-No! W-Why would I?" He opened his mouth to say something until Jake elbowed him. He shut his mouth and frowned, putting his hand on the spot Jake elbowed.

"Sorry about him, he tends to do that" Jake stared right at Rich and he crossed his arms and turned away.

"D-do what?" I asked him, my cheeks cooling down as I talked, still keeping an eye on Jeremy.

"Ask about private things the first time we meet someone" Jake turned back to me with a smile, Rich doing the same but with a frown. "So, what do you like to do with Jeremy?"

I saw Rich smirk at me and realized what he was thinking about. My cheeks heated up again as I ate my food. "We u-usually play video games. Or we just talk and chill together but not anymore..." I muttered the last part so none of them could hear, but I saw Rich's face change to a sympathetic one for a second before going back to a smirk.

"That's cool! So, we were having a sleepover with everyone-" Rich interrupted him "And that includes Jeremy!" Jake started at him, clearly pissed off. Rich gave a nervous chuckle and buried his face in his hands.

"Anyways, as I was saying, we're having a sleepover with all our friends and we were wondering if you wanted to come?" I immediately felt happier, since I would get to keep an eye on Jeremy and Christine.

"Sure! Which day?" Rich finally moved his hands and took out his phone. "We can text you the details, just enter your phone number" He handed his phone to me and I typed in my phone number. I gave it back to him and he smiled.

"Great! I'll tell you all the details tonight, we'll see you soon!" He stood and with Jake and walked away, holding each other's hand. I sighed, I wish I had a relationship with Jeremy like that. But as soon as I turned my focus back to where Jeremy and Christine were, I saw them kissing each other. I walked away, feeling dejected.

If only he was mine...