Chapter 3: Worries and Flurries

Hi!  So, I found myself a little bit of spare time, and I thought I'd better update!  You know, before I get all busy and stuff.  Well, here you go!  As promised, Serena is in this chapter XD

Serena

Serena watched as the cold winter snow flakes swirled outside.  It seemed odd, since Snowbelle city was pretty far from Lumiose, but Serena figured that it was just the usual crazy spring weather.  She sighed, staring out absently.  She was worried.  Ever since the storm had started to worsen, she had waited impatiently for Ash to get back, so he would be safe, but more importantly, she would know he was safe.

Yeah, that didn't happen.

Now, the storm was raging stronger than ever, and there was still now sign of him.  At least he has Pikachu with him, she thought, trying to encourage herself.  Pikachu always seemed willing to protect his partner, as did Talonflame.  Sadly though, those were the only two Pokemon he had left.  Hawhucha and Noivern wanted to go off into the wild to start an adventure together, and Ash, being the person that he is, couldn't say no to them.  Goodra was still in the wetlands, and Greninja was still helping Squishy and the other Zygarde repair the damage done by Team Flare.  And Talonflame.  A fire type.  You don't have to worry, he'll be just fine.

Fine.

That was what Ash had said to them before he left.  "I'll be fine!" he said happily, grabbing his coat.  "I just need to go out for a walk, that's all.  I'll be back soon, you can count on me!" with that, he had left, cheerfully humming to himself.  But, after he went out, Serena kept watching him.  She began to see how the cheerful look faded into sadness, how he quickened his pace and began to run away.  She hated seeing Ash like this.

She slumped further, lost in thought.  This reminded her of something- oh yes, that time after he lost his Snowbelle gym battle.  She still remembered how he had gotten lost, and how they all got caught in the storm trying to find him.  She remembered how she felt like Ash would never forgive her for yelling at him, then the surprise that he wanted to fist-bump her!  She was still fangirling about it.

But no... something about this felt different.  She knew something was off, it's just she didn't know what it was.

"You okay Serena?" Serena turned to see Clemont, her glasses-wearing friend, sitting beside her.  He looked tired; Serena guessed that he was exhausted after making dinner for all of them, and he too had stayed up waiting for Ash.  He had even got together all of their camping gear for tomorrow, as they were going to go out again.  He had recently gone to put Bonnie, his little sister, to bed.  

"I'm fine," she tried to assure Clemont.  "It's just... tired, that's all."

Clemont sighed, fogging the window.  "Come on, Serena, I can see that you're most definitely not fine," he said, looking at her again.  He gave her a sly smile.  "You're worried about Ash, aren't you?"

Serena instantly turned red at the mention of her crush.  "Worried a-about him?  M-me?  I-I..." she fumbled with the hem of her dress.

"It's okay, Serena, I'm worried about him too," Clemont said.  "He should have come back by now..."

Serena sighed in relief.  Thank goodness Clemont was as dense as Ash, she didn't want to talk about how she had a crush on him and how she planned their wedding and how their kids were going to be named-

"Serena?  Earth to Serena!" Clemont said, waving a hand in front of her face, to which Serena quickly stuttered an apology to.  

"What were you saying?" Serena mumbled, embarrassed.

"I was saying that you shouldn't worry that much," Clemont explained.  "He gets hungry pretty quick, so he'll probably come back soon for food!" he gave her a reassuring pat on the shoulder.  "Don't worry so much Serena-"

A scream sounded, loud and frightening, and when she looked out the window again, she could see Fletchling flying out of the forest.

She didn't notice Bonnie's grumbling at being woken up.  She just looked at Clemont, who was also realizing who the scream belonged to.

ASH!

"I'm going out!" Serena said, quickly grabbing her coat and putting it on, not bothering to zip it up.  

"Serena, you can't go!" Clemont said, jumping up as well.  "It's dangerous!"

"I don't care!" Serena, who had tears in her eyes now, cried.  "I have Braixen, Pancham, and Sylveon with me.  I have to make sure he's safe, and bring him back here!"

Clemont looked taken back.  "Go," he said, grabbing her hat and yanking it on her head.  "Hurry!  I'll get the medical stuff and food out when you get back, just in case."

Serena looked at him gratefully.  "Thanks, Clemont!" with that, she raced out the door, into the forest.

She hoped Ash was alright.  She hoped he wasn't injured.  She hoped he wasn't dead.

I'm coming, Ash, I'm coming!

And that's all for today!  So, next up is Chapter 4!  You will finally see what happened to Ash!

Also, I'm thinking of doing a question of the day thing for you guys!  About Pokemon, of course.  Comment your answers.  So, here's the first one:

Pokemon Question of the Day: What would you prefer doing: Pokemon Battles, Showcases, or Contests?

I prefer battles!  I going to become league champion! YAY

Anyways... make sure to share your answers!  Have an awesome day/night!

Stay tuned;)