Twenty Eight

"I'll be sure to tell her and I guess every family has a black sheep. His parents are going to be highly upset when they find out. Make sure to monitor all his calls and visitors.  I think he's involved with another person and I'd like to catch him."

"You got it !.Get her out of the office for a bit J she needs it " Chief Gibbons called as he walked through the doors of Knight Forensics

"Jordan he's right . Her apartment is still being looked over for cameras and equipment .Yours I has been cleared  he had listening devices all over which have been removed and everything is secure . " Henry reassured him

"Alright. I'm leaving you in charge.  You have my number in case anything happens or a new case comes in. Make sure to keep all the doors locked with the security codes set and all employees must use the retinal scanners for the time being to get in and out." He told Henry before closing the door and going to get Mattie from the office.

"Hey what do you say about going and getting you a new phone and having some lunch?" He asked her hoping to put things behind them.

You don't have to do that Jordan " Mattie whispered nervously "I think I just need to go to my apartment. I'm feeling nauseous "

Despite the door being closed  Mattie  heard every word Aiden said and the thought of him seeing her body made her want to vomit

"You can't just yet. They're still going through it. Getting out of here will help you feel better and the fresh air will help too." He said encouragingly.

"I heard what Aiden said " Mattie whispered

"I can't believe he ... I mean how ? How did he see me ? And the pictures " Mattie buried her face in her hands

"Jordan I've never felt so violated in all my life . No one's ever seen me –" Mattie stopped herself from her rambling before she embarrassed herself more pulling roughly from Jordan's arms she walked over to the window in his office to distance herself from him.

"Maybe Boston wasn't as good an idea for an internship as I thought " Mattie mumbled hugging herself as she stared blankly out the window

Mattie he had cameras and recording devices set up everywhere, that's how he got those pictures. I promise you I didn't look at them like you asked but there's no reason to be embarrassed. I'm so sorry this happened to you here in my business and I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to leave but I want you to know that you're talented and a very important member of this team and we would love for you to stay. Mattie I would love for you to stay. Here. With me. I have feelings for you, very deep feelings and I hope you do too. I'd like to explore those feelings with you and see where it takes us." Jordan blurted out before he could stop himself.

Mattie's head whipped around from the window "You what?"

Mattie knew it came out harsh but she couldn't help it.Her entire life it seemed ahe'd always been the brunt of jokes from her name to boys making her believe they actually gave a damn about her. She didn't want to be the butt of another joke

"I'm serious. I can picture us having a life together and a happy one at that" he said trying to show her he was, in fact, serious.

Mattie lowered her head "Don't humor me Jordan it's mean"

I'm doing no such thing." He told her as he took her chin and raised her face up so he could looking into her eyes. He couldn't resist the urge to kiss her so he did but softly.

Mattie look at Jordan   eyes wide immediately closing them nervously

Was he really kissing her ?

Was she dreaming ?

Delirious ?

Mattie felt Jordan's finger rubbing her chin as he other arm snaked around her waist pulling her closer .

His lips on hers felt amazing instinctively Mattie returned his kiss weaving her fingers through his hair