Twenty Seven

Henry tapped at the doorframe of Jordan's office "He's trying his old code .Police chief is waiting in the elevator for you Jordan . Time to get this shit handled"

Mattie looked up from the reports at the sound of Henry's voice darting her eyes between the two men wondering what was going on. Code change ? Cops ? What the fuck exactly had Aiden been doing beside harassing her ?

"Thanks Henry. You go downstairs and keep working on cases and I'll handle this." Jordan told the other man as he got up from his desk and closed his laptop.

Turning to Mattie Jordan spoke softly , "You wait here for a minute I'll be right back."

"Is everything okay? You look more pissed off then I have ever seen you "

"The police are here to arrest Aiden. I had Henry change all the lock codes in the building so Aiden couldn't run. Not only is he being arrested for his connection to the fires but also for his harassment of you. I just can't believe what he's been doing." Jordan replied with a sigh.

Mattie nodded but couldn't shake the feeling there was something Jordan wasn't telling her .

"Jordan " Mattie hoped to stop him with her words but closed her mouth as soon as his name slipped through

"I'll be right back with the police chief. Just wait right here" he said as he walked out of the room

Mattie sighed as she returned her attention to the reports in front of her as her phone vibrated with a new text message

Bile rose in her throat as it downloaded .

Aiden had taken pics of her somehow . Message after message download in rapid succession .

Each one more revealing than the next when it finally stopped the message

Can't hide from me

I got to see it before he did

Slut

Mattie sat there uncontrollably shaking as tears streamed from her eyes

A few minutes later Jordan and the police chief Darren Gibson walked into the office. Jordan immediately noticed Mattie shaking. "Sweetheart what's wrong?" He asked

Shaking her head ,Mattie kept a death grip on her phone while refusing to look up from it as the shaking and sobbing continued to rip through her body.

Jordan wrapped her in a hug. He noticed her grip on her phone and knew exactly what happened. "Did he message you again?" He asked softly and gently took her hand so she would release the phone.

Mattie silently nodded as she instinctively leaned into Jordan's embrace. Instantly she felt herself begin to calm down

"H-he c-called m-me a-a s-slut "

"Sweetheart you are no slut. He's just mad because you refused him." He said softly and soothingly as he handed the chief the phone. He began to lightly stroke her back to try and calm her down as the chief looked through the phone

A series of irritated mumbles sounded from behind them as Chief Gibson looked over her phone

"J man I need to take her phone there's a lot of information on there and I can't get to it all right now .My tech guy says he can get into Is it okay with Miss Leman if I take this for a little bit?"

Jordan felt her shake her head yes. "She said you can take it. Aiden is in his apartment and Henry gave you all the codes you'll need to get in and out. If you don't mind I'd like to stay with her until she's calm. You can come get me if need be." He told chief Gibson without looking up or moving from Mattie.

Chief Gibson nodded "J I don't know if you really want to watch me take the kid in ya know ? He is still your nephew"

Mattie pushed her body closer into Jordan's without thinking. As soon as the chief was out of the room Mattie realized what a sight they made to the chief and began to pull back

"I-I'm sorry I shouldn't have done that "

"Don't apologize hun. We've done nothing wrong and don't worry about your phone. We'll go out later and get you a new one. We need to stay up here until Aiden has been arrested and taken out to the car. All passcodes have been changed and I'll have the locks on mine and your apartment as well as soon as the police are done."

Mattie silently nodded feeling Jordan's grip tighten around her again "Please tell me that you didn't see any of that" as she tried to hide her face in embarrassment

"I didn't see sweetie I promise"

Aiden's shouting interrupted their conversation as two police detectives led the way out the building with two uniformed officers walking on either side of a handcuffed Aiden as Chief Gibson closely followed behind them

"Fuck you Uncle Jordan you fucking prick !" Aiden screamed outside Jordan's door as Chief Gibson stopped the officers

"J you want to fire this little bastard properly ? Got anything to say to him ?"

"You stay in here with the door shut. I'll be right back." He said as he kissed her forehead. He walked to the front door and opened it to find Aiden handcuffed and struggling to get free. "Aiden you're fired. Your things will be moved to a storage unit, your last check will be deposited, the locks will be changed this afternoon and the passcodes have already been changed. You had a promising career ahead of you but you threw it all away. Your mother is going to be so very disappointed." He said calmly as he could but inside he just wanted to punch him.

"Fuck you "Aiden spat

Narrowing his eyes as his lips turned up in a sinister smile Aiden screamed through the door

"Hey Mattie !! Love the heart shaped birthmark on the right side of your beautiful right tit slut "

The young officer to Aiden's right tightened his grip on Aiden's arm in anger

Jordan felt the rage bubbling up inside him. "Chief Gibson I'd like charge of voyeurism and sexual harassment added to his charges as well as breaking and entering." He said as calmly as he could. It took everything in Jordan not to snap and beat Aiden right there in the hall but he knew that wouldn't help the situation or Mattie.

Chief Gibson nodded once in understanding as he barked "Get this piece of shit outta here and lock his ass up tight ."

Turning to Jordan "Tell Miss Lehman we got this taken care of , she's safe and this little bastard wont be bothering her again will you . J it's a shame such evilness comes from such a great family "