Chapter Two

Bright and early the next morning Mattie got ready to begin her new adventure as an intern at Knight Forensics. Choosing her outfit with care before she piled her sable hair into a tight bun on the top her head .Opting for her contacts instead of her glasses  she popped them in then completed a simple make up look.

Stepping through the secured doors Mattie greeted  everyone  as she walked into the office.

Standing in his office reviewing reports from the previous night, Jordan overheard his crew chatting instead of working. He walked to his office door and saw that everyone was circled around the newbie Matilda.

Of course, they all like her and want to talk to her instead of working

Jordan quietly walked into the room and listened for a minute before he interrupted, "Excuse me is this Knight Forensics or a new social club? Did you all forget you're at work?" He turned to Mattie, "This is not a good way to start off your first day Ms. Leman. If you want to make an impression, then do your job without being told. Is that clear?" He stormed back to his office before anyone could reply and slammed the door.

Mattie stood stunned willing herself not to cry. It was her first day and she'd already screwed up. Refusing to breakdown in front of her new fellow employees or worse her new boss, Mattie silently made her way into the lab looking around hopelessly for Aiden who wasn't in there yet  and very  unsure of what she was supposed to do or where to begin.

Jordan made his way into the lab and over to the microscopes. "Ms. Leman could you bring me the first case file in the bin and some slides and gram stain please?" He barked from across the lab without looking up

Mattie's roved the lab quickly looking for what Jordan requested .She'd gathered the slides and gram stain but had no idea where the case file was. Walking over to where her new boss stood she set the items down on the tray next to the microscope,her eyes scanning the nearby tables for the file.

"Where's the file? I asked for the file. How hard is it to pick up the file and bring it to me? Did you not get the tour of the lab? The case files are on the counter next to the door. It's right there!" He said angrily as he stompedvover and picked up the file. "If you can't keep up with this labs case load and do the job you're supposed to do you might be in some trouble." He stated matter of factly as he began going through the file without looking at Mattie.

"A-aiden n-never showed me "Mattie stammered trying to not break down.Not even an hour in and she'd pissed him off  twice."I'm s-sorry J-Jordan.Is there anything else you need right now ?"

Jordan snapped his head up from the files when he heard his name. "You are to call me Mr. Knight until you are hired on and not an intern. Aiden showed you what you needed to see. You should have read the new intern packet. It has maps and everything else you need in it to help you get used to this lab. We have a heavy case load and several police departments rely on our evidence study and reports. If you can't handle this then I can find something for you to do outside of the lab. I will not have some terrified intern messing up my lab and family's reputation! You can take a couple of minutes to gather yourself and come back in ready to work on this case with me. It will be fast paced so be prepared." Jordan growled.

"Yes sir I-I'm sorry Mr Knight " Mattie replied timidly as she walked to the lab door.Aiden stepped in before she could exit.His eyes widened at the scene before him,This poor girl looked as if she was about to lose her shit at any moment.Holding the door open for her Aiden closed it as soon as Mattie was on the other side.

"Jordan what the fuck did you say to that poor girl?"Aiden demanded

"I told what I've told other interns who didn't know what they were doing. Get your shit together or I'll find something more suited for them. I have a zero tolerance here and you know it so do not lecture me in my own lab. Why are you late by the way?" Jordan  demanded

"Caught another case. Dorchester  police will be sending down.the particulars and samples. Jordan they think it has to do with that asshole who was torching places a few years back."