Chapter Five

Sliding his phone into his pocket Jordan knelt down in front of the little girl as he watched Aiden stroll through the door followed by the new intern. He didn't get a chance to question as to why they were there. Jasmyn went from whiney to full on terror in seconds when Jordan didn't respond right away. The final pinch was farther up on his leg closer to his thigh and the irate little girl must've used all she could .

Jordan counted to ten drew in a breath before responding to her.

."Jazzy first off stop pinching that hurts Unkie J "

She reared a leg up to kick him but Jordan caught her foot mid air "Jasmyn Grace stop it right now do you understand me ? You do not go around kicking or pinching people that hurts them."

The lip quivered and the eyes drooped and Jordan knew the tantrum wasn't far behind

"Aiden why aren't you still on scene ?" Jordan demanded through gritted teeth as he held Jasmyn still.

Aiden leaned over and whispered in Jordan's ear explaining that Mary was at the house with the baby and demanding him .Jordan shifted Jazzy up onto his hip hoping she'd stop kicking when she saw Aiden she squealed

"Down J Down ! Den ! Den ! "

Jordan smirked "Your turn "

Aiden pulled the little girl up onto his lap as he pulled his phone out of his back pocket

"Ilsa " Jasmyn demanded

Jordan chuckled as he kissed the top of Jasmyn's head "Behave I'll be back later "

Jasmyn blew him a kiss as he was walking through the door Jordan stopped and made a show of catching the kiss which caused Jasmyn to giggle .

Jordan stuck his head back in the doorway "Don't just stand there intern let's go.I;m not going to have you wasting time fawning over that little girl Aiden is more than capable to take care of his cousin"

Jordan spent the ride back to the Melville house listening to his recording of Jazzy, ignoring his intern as questions swirled around in his head

What man ? What did he want with their time capsule ?

Jordan increased his speed to get to the house. When he arrived he found Mary looking around like a lost soul trying to balance the baby.

"Eman c'mere lil dude" Jordan cooed to the upset baby

Emerson squealed with delight as scooped him out of his mother's arms

The baby giggled as he headbutted Jordan's chin

"Easy buddy " Jordan whispered as the baby sucked on his chin.

Mary studied Jordan "What happened ?"

"Still figuring all that out Mar.Have they updated you on Jazzy or Nate ?"

Mary nodded "Aiden did but I can't take the baby to the hospital Jordan you know this "

"I'll have someone take you over there.Jazzy's okay Aiden's with her.I haven't checked on Nate yet"

Murray appeared behind him at that moment "I can drive her over Detective my team can handle this while I'm gone "

Jordan nodded balancing the baby on his hip "Go with Murray Mar he'll take good care of you "

"What about little mister here ?" Mary asked quietly

Emerson smacked a kiss on Jordan's cheek as he snuggled into his shoulder

"I got him Mar go be with your husband Nate needs you right now "

As he watched Murray lead Mary to his squad car Jordan remembered the intern

"Here's a list run to the store for me and make it snappy "

 Mattie was thankful for having young cousins as she weaved her way through the local store gathering up diapers, baby food and toys for the baby.

When Mattie returned to Knight Forensics she found Jordan sitting on the floor of the lobby playing with a stuffed bear entertaining the baby. The giggles he provoked from Emerson caused her to stifle a chuckle. Jordan was changing his voice like the bear was speaking causing Emerson to chuckle that hearty baby chuckle that made Mattie miss back home