Chapter Four

"No he isn't. Make sure you bag all evidence you find even if you think it isn't important. My crew is on the way to investigate further. Murray how bad were they hurt?" Jordan asked quietly.

"Jordan listen focus on that later man let's gather this shit so we can catch this sonofabitch"

Murray continued picking up and bag anything he thought was important including bloody shards of glass close to where the window shattered. Heat permeated from the structure as the smell of burnt wood was prominent in the air.

Jordan glared at Murray. "That was my family that got hurt. My crew should be here any second so just fucking tell me how bad" he growled.

"Your cousin was burned on thirty five percent of his body Jordan. He had to bust out the window here , " Murray paused pointing to the area where the charred curtain still hung "He had to jump out through that window with Jasmyn .He has embedded glass within his body as well. If you look over here "Murray paused once again pointing to the torn piece of a child's Elsa blanket ."It looks as if Nathan tore this to wrap around his daughter to protect her from the flames"

"Bag all of it. I'm going to the hospital to see Nate and Jaz and collect everything from them too. When my crew gets here make sure they are the only ones in the backyard and you and the chief are the only ones to go through the house with them. You both know my process and meticulous evidence gathering." Jordan told Murray as he handed him the piece of the blanket to bag. "Call me if you find something you think is important and send a text with photos as well so I can put it in the file. Murray I know this case is hard considering what happened to your father and younger brother but I have found some new evidence in the case and I believe I'm close to an identification. There were fingerprints in soot and blood on a couple of walls that didn't get burned or washed off by the firehoses when the fire was extinguished. Try to keep your emotions separate and if you feel overwhelmed take a few minutes to collect yourself and come back to it. We'll catch this asshole who thinks they can burn family homes for no reason." Jordan told him softly, trying to reassure the young firefighter.

Murray said nothing as he watched Jordan walk back to his car. As he continued to gather evidence he felt as if he was being watched .It definitely made him nervous. As he gathered Murray found several more items that he knew Jordan would want to see. Under the back porch Murray found several framed photos that seemed to include Jordan and his brothers as well as Nathan and their mothers Nancy and Lynette both women had passed on within two years of one another .Murray knew Nancy died of cancer as for Lynette he'd heard it was murder.

Jordan made it to the children's hospital to check on Jasmyn. He got off the elevator on the children's burn unit and walked to the nurse's station. "Excuse me Miss. I'm looking for Jasmyn Knight's room. I'm Jordan Knight, her uncle." He explained as he showed his badge

Jamyn was in the room directly across from the nurse's station hearing a familiar voice she shrieked with delight

".Unkie J!!Unkie J!!"

The nurse pressed a finger to her lips to quiet Jasmyn which didn't deter her

"Unkie J!!!!"

Jordan smiled as he walked into her room. "Hi my princess Jasmyn. Are you ok sweetie? Can you tell Unkie J what happened?" He asked softly as he gently scooped her up into his lap and held her close. He looked over her to see if she was hurt but only saw some soot and a couple of burn bandages on her arms and hands.

"That sumbitch burned our house Unkie J .Burned my daddy "Jasmyn sniffled 

"Jasmyn Grace you know better than to say that bad word. Are you hurt anywhere besides your arms and hands?" Jordan asked stifling a laugh

"Don't care Unkie J that stuff smelled and burned my nose !"

Jordan took out his phone and began recording his niece. "What did it smell like sweetie?"

"Unkie J it that drink "

"What drink Jazzy ?"

Jasmyn rolled her eyes in frustration giving Jordan a look that reminded him of his Aunt Lynn."Princess drink "

Thoughtful for a moment Jordan rubbed his chin with his hand then it dawned on him.

The Vanilla Crown Royal he and Nathan enjoy during the holidays.and most special Knight family events.