Chapter Nineteen

"I do! There's a bag in the backseat with a spare set of clothes. You still have the keys so you can run and grab the bag so I can get dressed and get out of here."

"I'll be back " Mattie murmured  shyly stopping herself from the urge she had to hug Jordan again.

Jordan nodded and watched her walk out the door.

I think I love this woman

Less than ten minutes passed when Mattie reentered Jordan's room .

"Do you need help to the bathroom to get changed ? That's where I put your bag "Mattie explained standing by the bed

"No hun I think I can manage" he said with a wink and made his way to the bathroom

":Would it be better for me to go bring your truck around ? Once your changed you're good to go right ?"

"Yeah I'm just waiting on Lisa to bring the paperwork and stuff so you can pull the truck around."

Jordan finished changing and walked back into the room. "Hey Mattie I forgot to grab my deodorant off the sink. Do you mind grabbing it for me?" He asked as he put his shoes on.

Lisa returned with the discharge paperwork before Mattie managed to grab Jordan's deodorant stepping back to make sure he didn't miss anything else Mattie turned just as she heard Lisa talking to Jordan

"That quiet mousey little girl isn't really your wife is she ?"

"Excuse me?" Jordan snapped

"A man like yourself needs a woman not a little girl " Lisa almost purred

Jordan rolled his eyes. "Look Lisa I wouldn't have sex with you if you were the last woman earth. That woman you called a mousey little girl saved my life and can run circles around you. Give me my paperwork and take your skanky ass on somewhere else. I'll be leaving with my wife while you'll be going home alone tonight." He unleashed on Lisa. He looked around for Mattie so they could leave.

Lisa muttered under her breath as Mattie stepped out of the bathroom

"We all set to go ?" Mattie asked Jordan glaring at Lisa "I need to stop by the nurses station before we head down

"Let's get out of here babe" Jordan  said as he walked over  kissing Mattie

Lisa cut her eyes at Mattie as she stormed out of the room before they could exit

Mattie looked up at him dazed "Why'd you kiss me ?"

"To piss her off and put her in her place. Plus I like kissing you"

Mattie felt her face "I -I like kissing you too. I meant what I said I'm stopping at the nurse's station I'm reporting her "

"Good. She needs to be fired. She was completely inappropriate"

After stopping at the nurse's station and having a conversation about Lisa's bedside manner one of the staff forced Jordan to ride in a wheel chair down to the truck. Once Jordan was settled in the passenger seat Mattie started the truck ,pulling out of the hospital parking lot .The drive to their building was short and it didn't take Jordan long to be out of the truck and heading to the elevator with Mattie close by. Unsure of how to even act Mattie got on the elevator after Jordan did thankful it was empty and released a nervous breath as the doors slowly closed them in the small space .The smell that she equated to Jordan had returned and Mattie was thankful because she hated the antiseptic smell the hospital left behind on him.She hadn't seen a bottle of cologne in Jordan's bag .Mattie couldn't help but wonder if the scent was just the mix of the deodorant he wore.