Fucked Up

Isaac showed up in a Subaru Outback with three people with him. He stopped in front of the hospital and rolled down his window. "Lance, my man! Let's go!"

Lance jumped in the back seat as Isaac introduced everyone. On the opposite end was a quiet guy in all leather with tattoos and an attractive jawline-that was Hector. In the middle was a girl with pink hair tied up in pigtail buns. Her name was Beverly. She wore an overwhelming muddy-red lipstick and a miniskirt. In the front was Isaac in jeans and a t-shirt. Next to him was a tall girl with long, straight brown hair and manicured nails-that was Marci.

Beverly took immediate interest in Lance. "Hey there, cutie!" She curled up her nose and showed off an adorable smile. Her looks gave off an innocent vibe, but her actions could label her a slut. She handed him a water bottle, "You're gonna want to drink this."

Lance took it from her and opened it. "Thanks." He couldn't remember the last time he had a drink of water.

Marci turned on the radio to a song with a deep bass. Hector kept his head leaned on his arm as he stared out the window. Beverly leaned into Lance's face and inspected his features. Her voice was high pitched and whiny. "You're new around here, aren't you?"

Isaac lit a cigarette and called back to her. "Don't be hard on him! He's goin' through shit."

"Oh really?" She got close to him again and stared in his eyes. "Your coke buddy's a newbie?"

Lance gave her a smile and nodded, trying to lean away from her cinnamon breath. "Yeah, you could say that."

"Aww!" Beverly swung her leg over to sit on his lap.

Lance held up his arms in surprise and leaned back into his seat. "Woah there."

"Beverly!" Isaac yelled at her from the driver's seat. "Stop bein' a hoe, he's a married man!"

"Really?!" She kept her balance with her hands on his shoulders. "Well, your wife doesn't have to know."

Lance showed off his ring with a sneer, "I've got a husband, sweetie."

Beverly whipped around to face the front, "He's gay?!"

"I'm bi," Lance corrected. He motioned to his lap, "Now could you-"

"Oh!" Beverley waved him off. "That's cool, whatever." She placed something on her tongue and grabbed his chin to connect their lips. A small pill was passed into Lance's mouth, then she pulled away and returned to her seat.

Lance didn't swallow it right away. He furrowed his brows, "What the fuck is this?"

Beverly popped another into her mouth and took it herself. "Molly."

Lance took a deep breath and took a sip of water to swallow it. "Isaac, where we going?"

"To get fucked up."

They all went into the city and walked around. Lance could start to feel the effects of the Ecstasy kicking in. When he looked up, they were entering a club. He quickly pulled Isaac's arm back. "Man, can I even get in there?"

"Yeah, come on." Isaac threw his arm over Lance's shoulder and waved at the bouncer as he walked in. "You're with me, bro."

The club was packed with a crowd of people. They were all dancing or throwing things in the air. Lights flashed while lasers danced over them. EDM blasted through the speakers as the DJ on stage hyped the crowd up. Beverly and Hector were the first to join in the dancing. Lance guessed that they were probably dating. Marci led Isaac and Lance to the back and pulled out a bag of cocaine, showing off to them.

After doing a few lines, they too joined the dance floor. All Lance could feel was this sense of flying and euphoria. Taking both Ecstasy and cocaine together practically doubled the effects of both of them. They spent a few hours at the club, then went to Isaac's house. There, handfuls of different drugs were pulled out.

Marci shot up heroine while Hector and Beverly smoked week. Lance just watched for a while, then decided to try something. Isaac explained a few to him, then waited and let him choose.

"What about crack?" Lance offered. He figured it would be the best choice since he'd done cocaine before then.

Isaac laughed and nodded, "Yeah man, I gotchu!"

Lance didn't remember much after that. It all blurred together in a mess of drugs and music. He faintly remembered meth and krokodil coming out at some point, but he wasn't sure who did what.

He woke up lying on Isaac on his couch. His head pounded and his stomach ached. Realizing the very hungover Isaac under him, he scoffed and stood up to find the kitchen. He chugged a whole bottle of water and groaned. I feel like shit. Beverly and Hector were sprawled out on the floor while Marci was leaned back in an armchair. What the fuck even happened?

Lance ignored his nausea and aching head. He turned around to check the clock. 9:23 a.m. It took a moment for that to register in his mind. "Shit!" He launched himself over the counter and shook Isaac awake.

Isaac groaned and glared up at him, "Man, what?" His voice was laced with sleep and whatever he took last night.

"Dude, you gotta drive me back to the hospital." Lance panicked a little and cursed himself out in his mind. "Keith's gonna be so pissed."

"Oh," Isaac stood up with a tired grunt and snatched his keys off the coffee table. "We gotta go then, bro."

Lance rubbed his face and smoothed his hair down in an attempt to look put-together. He walked as fast as he could through the hospital, trying to avoid running into anyone. There was no way he looked sober. Keith's gonna be so mad! He tapped the elevator button over and over until it opened, then jumped in. If he's alive.

The thought crossed his mind. His breathing increased with every floor he passed. What if Keith was dead?

As soon as the doors opened, he squeezed through them and sprinted down the hall. When he saw his room, he ran faster. Room 1013. Lance darted in and stared at the bed.

His heart stopped and his lungs convulsed. No.