Break My Heart Again

Lance lowered a fry to Keith's mouth, "Come on."

Keith gave him an annoyed glare from his chest, then looked back to his phone.

Lance used his other hand to pet his hair, "Keith, you have to eat something."

"No," he kept his eyes on his phone as he let out a pitiful response. His lips pouted as he nuzzled his cheek into Lance's chest.

Lance sighed and and tossed the fry back onto the styrofoam tray. "Keith," he brushed his oily black hair with his fingers, "you've been here for a whole day. You need a meal," he flicked his nose, "and a shower."

Keith lowered his phone and wrapped his arms around Lance's waist. "I'm not leaving this bed until you do."

Lance's heart melted at the sight. Keith had stayed at the hospital since he found him. He refused to leave the bed, causing the nurses to scoff and work around him. Lance's parents didn't mind it too much, and just left them alone as much as possible. Krolia checked in every once in a while, bringing Keith's meds and offering to take him if he was too much of a bother. In response, Keith would always latch onto Lance's chest and shoot them glares; like he would bite their arm off if they dared to remove him. Most of the time, he would either sleep or play on his phone while Lance watched tv.

Lance's injuries weren't severe. Lots of bruising and cuts and a sprained ankle, but no broken bones. It helped him to have Keith there with him. He was never alone and always had someone to hold as he slept.

Lance's mother walked in at placed a hand on Lance's shoulder. "M'ijo," Her face lit up with a motherly smile, "they're discharging you tonight."

"Oh," Lance hesitated with his question. He took a glance down at Keith, then opted to Spanish. "Where am I gonna go?"

She scoffed, "Well home, of course."

Keith's eyes switched between them with a confused and concerned expression. He tightened his grip and leaned in closer.

"Um," Lance swallowed hard. He knew it wouldn't be good to leave Keith here and go back to Tennessee. Most of all, Lance didn't want to. "Can I talk about it with Keith?"

Her eyes sharpened, "Why do you have to talk with him? I'm taking you home, no discussion."

Lance brought his arm down to lie across Keith's, "I can't just leave him, Mama. Just let me talk to Krolia."

She clicked her teeth and took a frustrated breath, "I'll check with your father, but you're coming home." She exited the room and shut the door behind her.

"What did she say?" Keith spoke in a soft and warm tone.

Lance brought him into a tight hug, "They want to take me home."

"What?!" Keith pushed himself up to look down at him. "No, I-!" He bit his lip as his eyelashes flickered. "I don't wanna leave you!"

"I know," he cupped his cheek in his hand. "I'm gonna talk to Krolia."

Keith gave him a questioning look, "What's that supposed to mean?"

Krolia picked up a pink and grey striped bag, "And here is all your meds. I know you know the schedule, but I wrote it down anyway." She placed it into the cranberry-colored suitcase. "Don't worry about school, I've talked to your teachers."

Keith sat cross-legged on the bed as she showed him all the stuff she packed. Lance held one of his hands as his own parents gathered his things. He had gotten changed into normal clothing and received crutches for his ankle. Since he refused to leave his side, Keith helped Lance into his clothes then changed his own. Lance tried not to stare, but ended up failing miserably.

Even though Keith wore black Under Armour boxers, and definitely identified as male, a baby pink lace band wrapped around his chest. After close inspection, Lance noticed it was a small floral bralette. It complimented his light skin beautifully. Lance thought it was cute, but also unbearably sexy. He always thought he was straight, but obviously he wasn't. Keith was thinner than Lance had originally thought. The cardigans he wore gave him a straighter shape, but in reality his waist was thinner than his hips. His ribs and collarbones stretched his skin, showing off prominent features.

Krolia gave him a hug, then kissed his forehead. "You be good and don't cause trouble."

Lance's mother knocked on the open door, "We should get going if we want to be there in the morning."

Keith and Lance sat in the back of the car, Lance with his head in Keith's lap. Keith stroked his hair as he fell asleep. Lance stared out the window from his position as soft Spanish music played over the radio. He was happy with Keith. More than he had ever been. It sounded naïve, but looking up at Keith's sleeping face resting against the window Lance knew he meant to be with him.