Short and Sweet

Keith stretched his arms and yawned deeply, squinting against the glow of the tv. He relaxed with an audible sigh, "Alright, Lance."

Lance looked at him from the side, "Hmm?" He set down the controller in his hands, "Tired?"

"Yeah," he nodded. He tucked his hands into his crossed legs. "Where am I sleeping tonight?"

Lance gave him a confused look, "What?"

"Where should I sleep?"

He raised his eyebrows and leaned over to lie his head on Keith's thigh, "Here." He shrugged. "You slept in my hospital bed."

"Yeah, but that was in a hospital." He glanced at the door, "Is that really okay? Your parents don't care?"

Lance shrugged again, "They didn't say anything about it, so I'm guessing they don't." He smirked and reached a hand up to stroke his cheek, "As long as we're quiet."

Keith blushed and smacked his hand away, "You little-!"

Lance laughed at his embarrassed blush and lied his arms across his chest. "I'm just joking."

Keith pushed his head off and retreated under the blanket, "No you weren't!"

Lance lied on top of the heap, "Hey~"

Keith ignored him and curled up tighter.

"Babe~" he inched his hands up to the top of the blankets. "Keith~"

Keith tightened his grip, "No!" His voice was muffled by the blanket. He laughed, "I've made a home here!"

Lance's voice turned serious, "Hey."

Keith dropped his smile, "Now you're freaking me out."

"It's just-" he sighed, "You don't want to?"

Keith whole face went up in red, "What?! Really?"

"Well," Lance stammered, "I guess?"

The blankets were hesitantly lowered as Keith poked his eyes out, "What's that supposed to mean?"

Lance averted his gaze and shrugged. His bare shoulders glowed from the remains of their video game. His hair was messy and his cheeks were flushed.

"You don't wanna?" Keith kept his nose and mouth covered as he stared at him.

Lance scrunched his eyebrows together and stuttered, "What-uh-yes?"

"You think I'm weird?"

Lance tugged down the blankets to uncover Keith's cheeky smile, "You're messing with me!"

Keith chuckled, "A little bit."

Lance couldn't keep the smile off his face, "I'm trying to be serious!"

He snickered, "Okay, I'll stop." He bit his lip to hide the smile, laughing into the back of his teeth.

Lance glared at him with a teasing face.

Keith burst out laughing, "Sorry!" He covered his eyes with his half-hidden hands, "I was just surprised!"

Lance lied down on his chest and looked up at him, "You didn't answer my question."

Keith took a deep breath to compose himself. "Well, I mean, we're not technically together yet."

"Do you want to be together?"

Keith uncovered his eyes to a wide-eyed Lance staring up at him. His irises held constellations in their deep blue. He shrugged, "Of course I do."

Lance lifted himself up and crawled forward to look down on him, "So do I."

"So," Keith looked down, eyes landing on Lance's chest, "That's it then?"

His lips tugged into a curious smile, "What do you mean 'that's it?'"

Keith pouted his lip, "No big romantic gesture? Or speech?"

Lance motioned to his body, "Is this not enough?"

Keith yanked the other pillow up and shoved it in his face, rolling them over. When he was sitting on top, he removed the pillow and set it aside. He crossed his arms, "I'll be expecting dates. And flowers. And surprise kissing."

Lance ran his hands over Keith's thighs, "So that's a yes?"

Keith smiled and dropped to his hands, leaning down to bring their lips together. It was slow and sweet. He gradually pulled away, "To the boyfriend status." He leaned back down with a smirk, keeping their lips centimeters apart. "As for the sex," he snatched the pillow back and pushed it into Lance's face. He rolled over to his side and let go, "Go to sleep, hotshot."