The Ship Has Sailed

Lance tossed their backpacks into Keith's black Mercedes and jogged back to the house. He hung on the door frame and knocked on the wall. "Keith! We gotta go or we'll be late!"

"I know!" His voice jumped out of their room. "I'm just finishing my makeup!"

"You look fine!"

"Fine?!"

Lance face-palmed with a defeated sigh, "You're beautiful! Let's go!"

There was a moment of shuffling and clinking bottles. "Okay!" He slipped out of the room and ran to the door, giving Lance a little kiss on his cheek. He had picked out black converses, ripped white jeans, and an oversize mint green hoodie. He slipped his flowery blue mask over his face and jumped out the door. "Let's go!"

Lance enjoyed driving Keith's car; it made him feel rich. He parked in the senior lot and turned to Keith. He patted his thigh, "You sure you feel alright?"

Keith retrieved his Fjallraven from the back seat and gave him a confused look. "Yeah, of course I do."

Lance lowered his eyes and sighed, "I'm just saying, you've just started the new meds. I just want to make sure you're okay."

Keith slipped one of the mask loops off of his ear and leaned over to bring him into a kiss. They both leaned into it and let it linger on their lips. Keith pulled back a few inches, keeping their faces close. "I'm just fine."

Lance stroked his cheek with a gentle hand, "Call me if anything happens."

"I will." He returned to his side of the car and put his mask back on. He popped his door open and shot Lance a mischievous look, "Let's go."

Lance walked into the school with his arm over Keith's shoulder. He let his fingers spin the ring on his finger, working his way through the crowd of people. After getting through the entrance, Keith perked up and drug Lance down the hall. Keith jumped up and waved, "Shiro! Allura!"

Shiro was dressed in light blue distressed jeans with a beige sweater over a white button-down. Allura stood next to him in jean shorts, a powder pink shirt and a black and white sweater cardigan. She held a 'venti' Starbucks drink in her hand; pinky out. They turned around with curious stars in their eyes. Shiro gave him a smile as Allura threw her arms out to offer a hug. "Keith!"

Keith took up her offer of a hug with a giggle. "I missed you guys!"

"Missed us?" Shiro chuckled. "You just got married. You should be too busy to even think about us."

Keith sneered at him under the mask and returned under Lance's arm, pulling it down on his shoulder. "No need to worry about me!" He glanced up at Lance to share a look, "We've been plenty busy."

"Oh my god," Shiro turned his head away in embarrassment, "Where the hell did my best friend go?"

"Oh shut up!" Keith slapped his arm and led the group down the hall. He slipped his hand into Lance's and looked to the group. "What's your guys' classes look like?"

"Okay!" Allura raised her hands excitedly. "I looked over the schedules in our group chat, and it looks like we all have Creative Writing together!" She pointed to Keith and Lance, "You two both have Trig second block. Keith and I have Astrology first block." She looked at Shiro, "And I'm stuck with this lovebird for Honors Biology second block."

"Hey!" Shiro threw a hand up in protest.

"Oh yeah!" Keith leaned forward to shoot him a teasing look. "How did you handle being out of school?"

Allura batted her eyes, "Did you get to see his house? Does he live in a mansion like in your fantasies?"

"I'm not sleeping with my teacher!"

"Oh come on!" Allura tugged on his sleeve. "You don't have to lie anymore! You're a legal adult now!"

Shiro let out a frustrated grunt, "Yeah, but he's still my teacher." As soon as the words left his mouth, he knew he had fucked up.

Keith pumped his fist and did a mini happy-dance. "I fucking knew it!" Various people started to look over at the group.

Lance laughed at Keith's terrible attempt at dancing and shook his head. "I'm new to this drama."

Allura pat his shoulder and directed his gaze over to a man standing out in the hallway greeting students. He was in a checkered shirt and red tie. Bright orange hair slicked back over his head and powdered his upper lip. "That is Mr. Coran Navy. Shiro and him are totally fucking."

"Keep your fucking voice down!" Shiro jumped forward to cover her mouth.

"Yes!" Keith jumped up and shouted down the hall, "The ship has sailed!"