Video Chat

"Okay, look at this." Keith sat cross-legged on his floor, reaching over off-camera. He was dressed in black leggings and a dark, emerald green sweater that hung off his shoulder. His hair was pulled back into a ponytail. His bangs seemed to constantly bug him, making him push them out of his eyes.

Lance watched him through his phone, leaning his chin on the back of his hands. He sat at his desk with his phone propped up on the wall. Keith returned to the frame and flipped open a large sketchbook. He turned it around to reveal a watercolor painting of a ballerina.

"Do you like it?" He flipped it around to inspect it. "It's one of my favorites."

"You're a really good artist." Lance outstretched his arms to hold the sides of the phone, keeping his chin on the desk. "You gotta draw me."

Keith rolled his eyes and set the sketchbook aside, "Everyone says that."

He raised an eyebrow, "So you won't?"

Keith pulled a leg up to his chest, "I didn't say that." He moved onto his knees and picked his phone up, changing the view to only show his shoulders. The movement signaled that he was walking.

Lance lifted his head and sat back in his chair, "Hey, where are you going?"

Keith looked down for a second to show one eye, then propped the phone up again on the kitchen counter. "I'm gonna get something to eat." He backed away to open the fridge.

Lance could see the tips of the counters on the left, the fridge in front of him, and half of the China cabinet to the right. "Whatcha gonna have?"

Keith shrugged, and headed toward the fridge. "I don't know," he turned back to look at Lance, "What should I have?"

He chuckled and shook his head, "How should I know?"

Keith turned back around, "You're no help." He brought an elbow up to rest it on the fridge, lacing his fingers behind his ponytail. "Maybe I should leave you."

Lance playfully begged, "Oh no~! Don't go!"

They shared a laugh as Keith retrieved a carton of eggs and closed the door with a nudge of his knee. He set it out of view on the counters. Lance could see the back half of his body, watching him sway and reach for things he couldn't see. Keith stayed off the screen, "How's your school going? When do you take your tests?"

Lance groaned and ran a hand over his hair, "Exams are in five weeks."

Keith took a quick glance at him, "Aren't you studying right now?"

"Oh, I was." He let out a nervous chuckle, "but I got bored."

"Goodbye Lance," Keith playfully scolded him as he walked over and leaned down to appear in the screen. "Go study."

"No," he swung in his chair, "I wanna talk to you."

"You're being a baby."

Lance tilted his head, giving a pitiful beg. "Just a little longer?"

Keith rolled his eyes, trying to hide a smile. He stood back up and returned to the left of the screen.

Lance rubbed his eyes with his palms, "Are your parents home?"

"No," Keith knelt down to sift through a drawer, "Dad's in court and Mom's running errands."

"Oh?" Lance smirked, "You gonna misbehave?"

Keith leaned back to raise an eyebrow at him, "I would slap you if I was there."

"Promise?"

Keith returned to his work and laughed hard, "You're so immature."

Lance stood to lie down on his bed, holding the phone above him. "Seriously, though. Don't you have someone?"

"Have someone?"

"A girlfriend or something."

Keith opened the fridge to return the eggs, turning to give Lance a smile. "That would be you."

Lance moved the phone away to hide a blush, rubbing the smile off his face.

"Hey, where'd you go?"

He returned it to its position, "So no girlfriend?"

Keith shook his head, "I'm not into girls."

Lance's face filled with surprise, "You're gay?"

Keith took several glances back at the phone, then covered his blushing face. "Ah, I freaked you out."

"No, no," Lance sat up and leaned his elbow on his knee, "I don't mind at all."

Keith peeked through his fingers, "You don't?"

"Nah," he shook his head, "We're cool."

Keith walked up to rest his head on the counter, placing the tips of his fingers into view. "Okay, So what about you? Don't you have a girlfriend?"

Lance shook his head, "Nope. No girl."

"Oh," Keith's face dropped, and he brought his head off the counter to nod, "Okay." He returned to the left of the screen, "Guess you're a loser, then."

"Hey!" Lance chuckled, pointing a finger at him. "That's not nice!"

Keith giggled, then reached over to pick up his phone. He wore a judgmental expression, "Go study."

"Wait~!" Lance whined, "I don't wanna~"

Keith looked through his eyelashes, tilting his head down. "Goodbye, Lance."