Chapter 45: The Fox

Start from the beginning

Because touching is dangerous; it makes Camila remember how it feels when... well, about certain situations that have happened, and it makes Lauren yearn for more. (It's notable that both agree to this stipulation without any scoffing, denying, or arguing.)

Rule Number Three: Prawn (requested by Lauren) or Liana (requested by Camila) aren't allowed inside the dorm room (at least, not all the time -- hmm, maybe they should discuss visitation schedule next time).

This is due to the fact that both Lauren and Camila (for some reason) suddenly have the urge to bring their partners to the dorm almost every single day, hanging out in their cramped space, being all so annoyingly affectionate and giggly; sometimes, both couples are in there, neither Lauren nor Camila refusing to give in and leave the room to give the other some space. So like a pack of overly touchy sardines they stay in there, inhaling the warm air of tense antagonism crackling like camp fire; one couple in each side of the room, both Shawn and Keana noticing, but treating it as nothing out of the ordinary, the dagger-like stares the two roommates throw each other every now and then.

So now, with this rule, Camren (the fish not the ship) is spared from witnessing any of his pet humans' shameless attempts to make each other jealous (he knows what's up, even if his pet humans wouldn't admit what they're doing), since there's a ban against Shawn and Keana.

Rule Number Four: Lauren must refrain from bombarding Camila's inbox with texts asking her for nudes.

Because one time Shawn saw the notification popping up on her lock screen and he was totally confused and a little suspicious (he may not be a jealous guy, but he still wouldn't like people asking his girlfriend for nudes, even if it's Lauren, who he knows for sure Camila hates to the bone and wouldn't do anything with her, not even send Lauren a picture of her dead fingernail). Camila managed to convince him that it's just one of Lauren's pranks (it probably is), and he completely bought it.

Rule Number Five: Lauren needs to stop stealing Mr. Snuggles during nighttime (while Camila is asleep).

Squeezed in tightly between Rule Numbers Five and Six, in Lauren's handwriting, is Rule Number 5.1, which states that Camila needs to stop pretending she's annoyed whenever Lauren borrows Mr. Snuggles. And, squeezed in even more tightly under Lauren's swirly script is Camila's messy handwriting that says, "P.S. Camila did NOT approve of this rule!!" (The next day, another swirly note has been added next to Camila's note: Kiss my ass, Cabello.)

Much later, another hasty scribbling is added to the tiny space, and it says: No borrowing of Mr. Snuggles any time of the day, whether I'm awake or not!

As a response, Lauren draws an elongated arrow pointing at the blank bottom part of the paper where she writes the words: what are you gonna do about it?

(There's no comment yet from Camila as of now).

Rule Number Six: refer to rule number one (because it's one rule they always seem to forget).

So, rules have been established, agreements have been settled, and with distinct boundaries drawn up both Camila and Lauren believe they're in control. Nothing will go wrong. Everything is safe, just like Titanic is unsinkable, cloning dinosaurs and putting them in a theme park is a good idea, and adding a number in a band name is definitely a brilliant strategy because band members never leave their group.