Who said girls can't get down and dirty with boys 23: Part 1

Start from the beginning

Everyone trudged over to her, some of the boys clutching their stomachs.

"We're going to do the point drill. It'll help with your rebound skills. So, I want half the team at one basket, and the other half at the other basket." She said, but no one moved. "Why are you all just standing there? MOVE!"

Cal, Dev and I ended up on the same side. I tried to ignore them, but of course they had to end up right behind me in line.

"Are you ok?" Cal asked, glancing down at my leg.

"I'm fine. I can barely feel it." I said, trying to give him a reassuring smile.

"START!" Coach yelled. She threw each line a ball, and we got started. I threw the ball at the backboard and ran to the back of the line, while Dev caught the ball and did the same thing. Cal then caught the ball, and then shot it at the backboard, and so on. We did this for another 20 minutes, our side only dropping the ball once.

Coach blew the whistle and all of us came jogging in. "How many times did your side drop the ball?" She asked turning towards my side.

"Once." Some tall brunette boy answered. She turned towards the other side, raising an eyebrow in question.

"Twice." A tall black haired boy answered.

"Well, go run your laps." She said. All the new members just followed the senior members lead. My side had to run one time around campus, while the other team had to run around twice.

"WATER BREAK!" Coach yelled when everybody had finished. I walked over to my water bottle, and sat down. My leg started to twitch, but I ignored it. When I tried to stand up, my knee buckled, sending me to the floor. Shit, what was that, I thought, slowly getting up.

"WATER BREAKS OVER!" Coach shouted, motioning for us to join her at the front of the gym. I slowly walked over to her, trying to feel any signs of my knee buckling again.

"Ok, we're going to play a little game, to see how good you guys are. It's man on man. Ok?" She asked, before picking teams, not waiting for an answer. Tyler, Dev and I were on the same team, while Jake and Cal were on the other.

"Nic, take it easy. Ok?" Dev warned.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." I said dismissively, setting myself up in front of Cal. Coach blew the whistle and threw the ball in to the air. Ty and some tall blond boy jumped for the ball. TY hit the ball down, while Dev and I sprinted around our guards, to try to get the ball. Dev got the ball first, and evaded his guard again. I ran ahead, so I was open and Dev passed to me. I aimed for the top right hand corner of the box, and shot the ball. Everyone watched in disbelief as the ball bounced off the backboard and straight into the basket.

"How the hell did she do that?" Someone mumbled. I was feeling pretty damn good, until a sharp pain sliced through my victory haze. My leg locked up, before a tremors started rocking through it. I took a deep breath to try to calm my racing heart, before reaching down to rub the muscle.

"What are you doing?" Dev asked, when he saw that I hadn't moved.

"Nothing." I said quickly, limping away, all the while rubbing the muscle. Finally the pain started to subside and the game started again.

The same blond boy passed the ball to Cal, but I sprinted and intercepted the ball. I looked and saw Ty was open. I threw the ball, shouting, "TY!"

Too late, I saw that he wasn't paying attention. He finally became aware of the ball and everything went into slow motion.

Ty moved his hands to stop the ball, but it was too late. The ball hit him squarely in the face.

Ahh, SHIT!