"can i kiss you?"

Warning(s)?: just some grade A fluff

Summary: you and peter share your first kiss outside on your doorstep, despite Ned and mj watching from the car

You'd just gotten back from a group outing with your friends, Peter, Michelle, and Ned. You had a great time with all of them, even if you and Peter were practically attached by the hips the whole night. It was your stop as you slipped out of the backseat of the car, Peter following shortly behind you, your hands connected. You waved goodbye to the Ned and Michelle that remained in the car. Peter walked you to your doorstep, standing outside in the cold winter air. You fiddled mindlessly with the sleeves on the Midtown sweater you were wearing (which just so happened to be Peter's) as they waited in the car, not-so-subtly watching you two.

You turned to face Peter.

"I had fun tonight," you say to him, and he nods, his hand still in yours.

"Yeah.. yeah, me too," he says as you look at him and then over to Ned and Michelle in the car that were staring and conversing. Michelle looked unimpressed, yet she couldn't take her eyes away. Ned looked like he was on the verge of freaking out. Not going to lie, it was weird to have them watching like that.

"So.." Peter rocked back and forth on his heels. You can't help but adore how cute he looks, standing there in a navy hoodie that was a little bit too big for him.

"So.." you bit your lip.

"Can I kiss you, or..?" he asks you, desperately waiting for an answer it seemed. That made your heart race and your mouth form a smile. How could anyone say no to that?

"They're watching us," you giggle, as Peter turns around to look back at the car. He sticks his middle finger up for a few seconds before turning back around to face you, a sheepish smile on his lips. "Go ahead," you answer, impatiently awaiting the kiss.

His soft lips immediately find yours, considering how close you were standing. You could practically hear Ned's excited chatter and Michelle's lackluster imitation of fireworks from inside the car, but you just ignored them and placed your hands on Peter's neck, as sparks ignited throughout your body. Despite the cold wind from outside, your lips were warm due to the heat from his, and as you pulled away from the gentle kiss, he leaned slightly forward, like he didn't want the kiss to end.

"Well.. good night Y/N," he tells you, removing his hands from your waist and into his pockets. You can tell by the look on his face that he regrets those words. Out of all the things he could've said after your amazing kiss, good night? His awkwardness makes you giggle as he looks down, trying to hide the obvious redness stained on his cheeks.

"Good night, Peter," you say, not even bothering to hide the grin on your lips before turning around and twisting the knob on your front door. As soon as you're inside, you dramatically slide down the inside of the door, with thoughts of the kiss clouding your mind. Little do you know, he's on the opposite side of the door walking back to the car, thinking about the exact same thing.